Viewing: 1-6 of 6
kamran

kamran - Aug 21, 2012 12:40 am - Voted 10/10

nice photos

I have never been in Colorado, but it seems the amount of snowfall with respect to altitude in that region is similar to what we have in central Alborz.

nader

nader - Aug 21, 2012 8:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice photos

Thank you for your votes Kamran,

As you know, this was a low snow year in much of the United Staes, but in general, the amount of snowfall and the shape of the mountains themselves are very similar in Colorado and Alborz.

SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am - Hasn't voted

Not in the Elks

This area is considered the Sawatch, not the Elks. Page should be moved...

nader

nader - Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Not in the Elks

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. I knew somebody would bring this up sooner or later about this page, Anderson Peak, Truro Peak, Difficult BM, Larson Peak...which I have put in the Elks. I am surprised it took this long.

Ormes' Guidebook, which I consider the ultimate authority on Colorado Mountains, clearly puts these peaks in the Elks (the border between the Elks and Sawatch is the Lincoln Creek Valley). It makes sense too. These peaks have nothing in common with the Sawatch and look much more like the Elks.

SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Oct 22, 2012 1:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Good enough for me

I agree that although these peaks are most often lumped into the Sawatch they are "different". Your reasoning works for me. Thanks for all your SP work!

nader

nader - Oct 24, 2012 8:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good enough for me

Thank you Sarah.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Petroleum Peak (UN 13505 ft)' main page