Pico Blanco Comments

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Antonio Giani

Antonio Giani - Aug 15, 2005 5:03 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Buona pagina!



Ciao Antonio

QuailBS - Aug 17, 2005 7:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Got some pics and weeded out the getting there info. Still doing a bit of work though

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi; I've adopted the page and made some changes. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Aug 15, 2005 9:27 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great improvements. Thanks for adopting and fixing up.



AE

QuailBS - Aug 15, 2005 7:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Sorry bout that, Got some cords. off of topozone and put in the wrong thing. GPS is not my thing, im a map and compass person. I'll try to get it right.

QuailBS - Aug 17, 2005 7:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Got photos from some great help. Still workin on the page though, but its been low priority with my schedule unfortunatley.

Larry V

Larry V - Aug 18, 2005 8:41 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful area, I hope to come back and visit sometime. Good work on the page, Adam. Too bad you didn't have photos of your own to post.

QuailBS - Jan 17, 2006 12:06 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Sorry about that, thought you might want the page. Bob Burd told me to do it : ) I was asking about who to give it to, and I wasnt sure, and there wasnt much more I could do with it. If its too much, I quess I can take it back, its just that I probably wont be back to climb it ever. peace out

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi; I've adopted the page and made some changes. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi; I've adopted the page and made some changes. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.

QuailBS - Feb 21, 2006 1:41 am - Voted 10/10

Very nice

Wow you really fixed it up nice. Once again sorry for dropping the page off at your front doorstep :)
looks like sp no longer has the "stars" deal anymore. oh well.

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Feb 21, 2006 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice

Thanks, it was no problem.

LBartlett - Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Great 1/2 day run/hike

Did it today (3/14/10), the first day of daylight savings with a 7:30 start, 5 hours round trip. Would have gone quicker except trail above scout camp is blocked by downed trees frequently. Awesome to see the big survivors and now the new growth since the big fire. Recommend that when doing final climb, do not strictly follow the connecting west ridge to north ridge but do a contour halfway up, shortcutting up easy grass to get close to being under true summit. This trip is a great way to get away especially if you are local and want an uncrouded short day when the weather is prime. Did not see a car, any hiker, no boy scout people and no cars. Not even the weird Bottcher Gap Ranger/host who said I needed to leash my dog for the 20 steps to my car but I simply assured him the 5 dollars were paid, loaded Sandy and got out of there in front of some Scout trucks I would not have beat up the hill had I not did it in a slow jog (I'm 54 and I was tired). On the drive out on this beautiful day the coast was busy, my regular Doud peak hike parking area was packed. Further down the same for Point Lobos. Amazing that this morning I only say footprints of someone who did it yesterday. The only regret is I went sans pack so couldn't carry out someones dirty laundry from the summit.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Pico Blanco' main page