Rock Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dean

Dean - Apr 11, 2011 9:06 am - Voted 10/10

Snow makes a difference

Not being able to drive the road because of the snow made a workout for you on this one. I feel that to make this one feel like it was significant, you did it the best way to do it. Congrat's, I salute your effort and am glad to see you add this one to SP.

Redwic

Redwic - Apr 11, 2011 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Snow makes a difference

I needed the workout. I found the snowy road walk to be quite enjoyable (mostly). Several black-tailed deer seen. Fantastic views north from the summits, looking west-to-east from Mount Cruiser to Mount Washington.

Thanks for including some great photos. I have added some of them to the front page, as they really help demonstrate what to expect in snow-free conditions.

Dean

Dean - Apr 11, 2011 3:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Snow makes a difference

Not fighting the brush would definitely be an advantage plus there is nothing quite as beautiful as snow covered peaks and hiking them on snowshoes. I'm glad the pics were helpful, they've been sitting in my computer for a long time, waiting for someone to put this peak up. I particularly like the shot of Eric with his tongue out, although he probably won't like that shot (and rightfully so).

Redwic

Redwic - Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Snow makes a difference

He has a facial expression like that famous one of Einstein with his tongue sticking out.
Eric is our Prominence Einstein.

Also... I now show your snow-free photos of the summit hills directly below my snow-plenty photos of the same hills. What difference in scenery and terrain appearance!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Rock Peak' main page