Rosennock Comments

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
livioz

livioz - Feb 14, 2006 11:02 pm - Hasn't voted

If you lowers..

the width of the extended pano from 800px to 790px, probably the horizontal sliding bar at the bottom of the entire text disappears. The vertical sliding bar present with some browsers (i.e. Opera) cannot be eliminated also increasing the height.
In the same manner, the percentage option proposed by gabriele doesn't work with all the browsers and can upset the page.

Edit: Forgot to point out that the horizontal sliding bar is present only when the screen width is limited to 1024 px.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 15, 2006 9:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: If you lowers..

Thanks, I must explore this issue and learn a bit.

vvujisic

vvujisic - Feb 15, 2006 12:13 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful Rosennock!

Congratulations Vid for your first page on SPv2! Beautiful page of Rosennock peak! It must be fine to climb it in the winter.
Pozdrav,
Vlado

tiziana

tiziana - Feb 15, 2006 4:47 am - Voted 9/10

Nice page

Vid and interesting layout :)

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 15, 2006 9:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page

Thanks, Tiziana!

I was sending all members, who voted 10/10 this same message:
"Thanks for visiting and voting my Rosennock page! But, please be realistic. This is just perhaps a bit above average page, we have so many better pages, and the grade 10/10 should be reserved for really the best ones. So, try to calibrate yourself and please reconsider your vote, perhaps in the range between 6/10 and 8/10." You were also too generous :-)
Cheers!
Vid

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 15, 2006 9:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Complete Page

I think that even if the summit is completely covered by the page (and Rosennock is not!), that does not justify the grade 10/10. Great page is a great subject too, and Rosennock is only a moderately interesting mountain. Why not attaching all pictures? Don't know. Perhaps you're right. I thought it was enough if they are on the page. But I thint I'll do that.
Thanks!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 15, 2006 10:42 am - Voted 10/10

Two suggestions

Put the pano in a table with {table class=thumb}. This gives you the same frame that you have around the other images. The code for the enlargement icon is somewhat more difficult. Look at the source code of the pictures if you want to see how it works. Anyway I did this for the Cimon panos (grumble)

The medium picture in the overview should be centered. I would actually like it the way it is but at my screen resolution the heading of the next section (Getting There) is placed beside the image. And that looks mighty strange (the text is already below the image. Using centered images you get an automatic linebreak.

Not sure why I vote 8 stars - it seems to have replaced the four stars

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 15, 2006 4:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Two suggestions

Thanks, Gangolf!
Regarding voting - I wrote to all, who rated Rosennock page 10/10 the following memo: "Thanks for visiting and voting my page! But, please be realistic. This is just perhaps a bit above average page, we have so many better pages, and the grade 10/10 should be reserved for really the best ones. So, try to calibrate yourself and please reconsider your vote, perhaps in the range between 6/10 and 8/10." Josh and some others really did lower their votes and that's fine with me.

Regarding you 2 proposals - I did something with the second one and did not succeed with pano. Must take some time. Only today I can see source code of pages.

Cheers!

lorenzo t - Feb 15, 2006 11:06 am - Voted 10/10

I like

essential pages, like this!
Here explained my vote.
L

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 15, 2006 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I like

Lorenzo, I was sincere. A page of a small, less important summit, even if perfectly described, still does not deserve 10/10. It's not fair to the pages such as: Everest, Aconcagua, Eiger, or some group-page 'encyclopedias'. I did this page in less than 2 hours.

lorenzo t - Feb 15, 2006 6:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I like

It is not the name of a mountain, or some group-page 'encyclopedias' that renders beautiful one page.
L.

2skinners - Feb 18, 2006 1:03 am - Voted 8/10

Nice

Nice page!!
-2skinners-

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 18, 2006 7:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

:-)

dedo

dedo - Feb 18, 2006 7:19 pm - Voted 8/10

Good!

Nice page, Vid. Originally I voted 10, just to realize later, that you don't want more than 8, so be you will. :-) I appreciate the incredible amount of work you put into all your pages, the info, those maps...very well!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Feb 18, 2006 7:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good!

Thanks! We are all having big troubles voting on the new SP. But it's important that we see each others' stuff. I'll soon finish my 'Nock' posting. One more, perhaps.

dedo

dedo - Feb 18, 2006 9:10 pm - Voted 8/10

Re: Good!

Hehe...funny note about the 'Nock posting'. You did an amazing amount of mountaineering here, Vid.

I guess, the voting will need some time, especially to get used to vote less than full score on good pages. It's a pity the comments are separated from voting now, as I think the comments are what drives this community (yours motivated me to submit more mountains, for example).

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Rosennock' main page