Viewing: 1-20 of 20
rpc

rpc - Mar 6, 2002 11:08 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page Brian.

Want to try to do this as an 'after-work' midweek exercise once the days get a bit longer.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Mar 6, 2002 7:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Cool, it's a pretty easy hike but the views on a clear day are pretty great. Hope you enjoy.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jul 23, 2002 5:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for checking out my mountain page. Can you give me some ideas what I need to do to make this worth 4 stars to you? Thanks.

gacland - Oct 29, 2002 7:45 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page Brian, I love doing this mountain at all times of the year. It's neat to see the views during different conditions. I live in the Nehalem area and the mountain looks like a big saddle sitting at the North end of the river valley. I'll have to get a pic from down here and post it.

Peace

Dave K - Dec 19, 2002 3:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Dec 19, 2002 6:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks.

desainme

desainme - Oct 31, 2003 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good choice for an opening picture. Looks like a nice area. I was intrigued by the rather small early photos.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 31, 2003 9:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! Yeah, the early pictures were my first camera at a less-than-stellar processing place so they were all really small.



Thanks for your vote.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Dec 7, 2004 10:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hmm...it would seem everything is centered on this page. A new SP layout style, perhaps? Looks sort of...wierd! Otherwise, nice work! HA!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Dec 8, 2004 12:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote! I have to assume you must have emailed me back but my computer at home crashed yesterday so I am trying to figure that out. Oh the joy continues...................... ;- )

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Mar 20, 2005 1:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is plenty high enough to post - it's not "dumpster diving" unless it's under 3k, right? (Of which I'm guilty!) :-)



Good page, too, and: This IS the jagged outline we could make out on the horizen from the top of Goat Mountain on 2/26. I measured angles from the pics I took that day and it lined up perfectly.



Don

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Mar 21, 2005 12:23 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Cool. Thanks for the vote, Don.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Dec 30, 2005 3:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! Appreciate your vote.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Mar 31, 2007 11:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Trail Closure

Good page. You might want to note something about the trail closure. I see the attached trip report dates from December and as of yesterday there are still signs about saying the trail is officially closed. I saw one car turn back at the turnoff due to this and several people turn back at the trailhead. I hiked it anyway and found that it was no problem at all to get through the slide areas and around the ongoing trail construction. But it would probably be good to give people a heads up, both that it is officially closed and also that if you do hike it, the slide is not much of an obstacle though I cannot vouch for how stable it is.

donhaller3

donhaller3 - Jul 17, 2007 2:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Trail completely open July 4.

Good as it ever gets. One picnic table at the shelter, no shelter. The artificial obstacle course just short of the summit has been ameliorated, with most of the horizontal fence post and trip cables removed. Still some random rebar sticking out of the rock. Crowds moderate for a holiday and very well behaved. Seemed to be just past the peak of an excellent wild flower year on the upper parts of the hill.

KMM

KMM - Dec 9, 2007 11:06 pm - Hasn't voted

road closed as of 12-9-07

when we headed up to saddle mountain today we were met by a "road closed" sign. The road itself is clear but the trail is in bad shape. There was much blowdown and landslides that took out parts of the trail. It will be awhile before it's in "trail" shape.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Dec 10, 2007 1:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: road closed as of 12-9-07

Thanks for the info. Do you remember where on the road it was closed? Close to the highway or in a ways? Were there any postings about the trail? Thanks for any info you can give.

Brian

KMM

KMM - Dec 16, 2007 11:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: road closed as of 12-9-07

The road to saddle mtn had a sign that said "Road Closed" right off of the highway. Right acrossed from that house there. I saw no postings about the trail, but I would say that it will be marked closed very soon if not by now. I drove the road to the trail head and hiked the trail to the top. The trail probably had more than 50 trees that had fell on it. The upper portions before the saddle had quite a bit of landslides. Parts of the trail were completley gone. I would guess that the State will deem the trail not safe. If you want to go to the top you still can just it isn't a "hike" anymore. A bit of bushwacking is required. let me know if you have anymore questions i'll try and help.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Dec 17, 2007 3:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: road closed as of 12-9-07

Thanks! So, there is a sign that says road closed but the road is not really closed (if you could drive to the trailhead)?

KMM

KMM - Dec 17, 2007 8:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: road closed as of 12-9-07

yea i could drive to the trail head just fine. There were some small branches on the road but the big stuff had be cut/cleared off. yes the sign says trail closed but atleast when i drove it is was drivable all the way to the TH.

Viewing: 1-20 of 20
Return to 'Saddle Mountain' main page