Santa María Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
tlogan

tlogan - Feb 24, 2004 5:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Solid basic info. but could certainy use some more pics and some route info.

Tim Vossenberg - Mar 22, 2004 10:07 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hi Bart, Good info, but trie to add more pics, books and other stuff that make this page look pretty. I know what it is to climb somewhere, leaving your camera behind, and than submitting a page with only one pic. Here are some links. Tim



http://www.geo.mtu.edu/volcanoes/santamaria/ http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/south_america/guat/santa_maria.html http://www.geo.mtu.edu/volcanoes/santamaria/volcrisk/

bartjansen

bartjansen - Apr 17, 2004 5:34 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Tim,



Pics and other stuff are coming up. Be patient please.



Bart

BLong

BLong - Oct 9, 2009 12:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice additions

The page is a lot better! Good work guys. I really like the addition of the embedded YouTube video. I am not sure why more pages don't use this feature.

Baarb

Baarb - Oct 9, 2009 9:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice additions

I had become a little frustrated with how brief the original page was so asked to become a co-author to add some more info. Re. the video, I only recently saw a page with video on and looked at the page source to see how to do it. Same goes for having sliding panoramics displayed under the original photo e.g. this photo. I'm sure when more people come across such features that they'll become more popular.

natafarmer - Oct 24, 2012 2:23 am - Hasn't voted

thanks for the info

My wife and I climbed Santa Maria this weekend using this page as our main source of info. I would have to say that it was pretty accurate and very helpful. We didn't need to hire a guide because your map and trail description were sufficient and the many locals working on the slope were always ready to confirm the correct direction.

In regards to the safty question. All the guides that we met told us it was very dangerous for us to be hiking without a guide, but no one else seemed to think it was a problem and we have only good things to say about the guatemaltecos we met on the trail. We did meet an older friendly american fellow who was a little miffed because the guide that he hired got lost and led him on a long detour.

Thanks again.

Baarb

Baarb - Oct 25, 2012 2:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks for the info

Hi there, glad you made it up and that the info came in handy. Thanks for your comments on your experiences, I will try to reorganise the page a little and incorporate some of your information and some other things that they have prompted me to think about. Cheers.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Santa María' main page