Viewing: 1-8 of 8
gordonye

gordonye - Feb 7, 2002 5:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page!

Dave K - Nov 19, 2002 11:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

great page

mrolph

mrolph - Jan 23, 2003 10:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice! I think the route description (North Slope from the East) is great. Martin

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Apr 12, 2003 12:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Always good things from Bob!

wildstar

wildstar - Dec 3, 2004 9:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Oct 12, 2005 1:54 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very photogenic mountain! Nice page!

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis - Aug 29, 2010 11:26 pm - Voted 7/10

Untitled Comment

Good page setup and informative background. However, most pages have route information linked inside of the page for convenience and this one does not. I know that everyone else will probably have rated the page 10/10 so my vote is a little lower to more accurately express my true vote (8/10). My power is so low that the effect might be negligible though.

abigfish

abigfish - Jun 5, 2012 6:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Easy eh? Ya right!

Doesn't look like to many people posting about this mountain. Okay, so we tried Split mountain this weekend and let me tell you, when they say it's an easy 14'er I don't know where they are getting that from, it's a bitch! First off getting to the trail head, take the Tinemaha route, ten times shorter! Then plan on a real slog up to Red Lake, and losing the trail countless times. Lost in bush and boulder fields more times than you will enjoy. You better like rocks becuase that's all it is, lots and lots of rocks. We made it to 13,000 feet and had to turn around, 2pm, didn't want to risk it. We were the only ones on the mountain and wheather was moving in. Oh, and don't bother going through the hastle of getting a permit, believe me, it's a hastle. Their aint no way no Ranger is EVER going to be up on this mountain! We saw two people up there the whole weekend. No Ranger is going to do that 4x4 trip to the trail head to sit there waiting for no one! On the way down, knee destroying, we vowed never to return, but.... you know how that goes, I hate losing. We'll be back. Good luck.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Split Mountain' main page