State Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
boyblue

boyblue - Aug 6, 2013 9:59 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

The Monarch Divide was always one of my favorite regions. Nicely accessible (though some work is involved) and curiously underused. Glad to see this peak has finally been included on SP. Good work, Chad!
-Gordon

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Aug 6, 2013 12:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent!

I agree... this area is a bit neglected compared to some of the action on the east side of the Sierra... scenic, and easier to drive too!

Nice place to find bears too. Thanks Gordon!

bechtt

bechtt - Aug 7, 2013 6:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Chad,

I knew that you were going to build this so I left it alone. Climbed it about a month ago. Note that I chose to take the Granite Pass trail this time and I regretted it after the fact. The Sierra High Route can be picked up at Grouse Lake and is at least 3 miles shorter and about the same altitude gain. And if Goat is being climbed in combination, it's even shorter and easier. Good use trail.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Aug 7, 2013 9:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thanks for the comment Tom. I don't know how you knew I was going to submit it... I didn't even decide to do it until last week!

I'm not familiar with the Sierra High Route. If you have any additions I'd be happy to include on the page, or I can look up something brief to include. Or feel free to submit a route page.

I may add a route page with some comments on the ridge to Marion at some point, and/or the Muro Blanco return. So it would be a good addition. I didn't regret my choice, but my day wasn't too packed otherwise.

Hope the hand gets back to 100%! Well don't getting another peak in!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'State Peak' main page