Viewing: 1-6 of 6
SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Feb 2, 2011 11:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Hi

Are you still working on that page? Please look at other mountain pages to get an idea how much information or detail is usually presented. Right now, your description is a bit on the short side. And also, pictures are an important part of any page here on SP. Have you climbed the peak?

Thanks for contributing so far :)

Cheers.

bigjoesmith - Feb 3, 2011 12:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi

Pretty much done with the page. It's a short but sweet hike. No pictures, but a topo/track. Climbed it today.

ridgeguy

ridgeguy - Feb 3, 2011 12:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi

Just giving me a map with the route on it is more and better information than half the pages on summitpost. Good to know there is a climbers trail, I'll head up with the kids next time I'm in town. Thanks for posting.

SoCalHiker

SoCalHiker - Feb 3, 2011 6:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi

Agreed that a map with the route is extremely helpful. I personally find those also very useful. However, the fact that many pages offer even less information does not mean that those pages should be viewed as the standard. We are trying to elevate the quality of every page here on SP.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Feb 3, 2011 11:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hi

I'd agree that the amount of info on the page is about right for the size/significance of the peak. But there really has to be at least one picture for just about anyone to know whether they'd want to seek this mountain out. Without any pictures, the page is well below average SP standard. With one or two informational shots, it'll be fine. They don't have to be award-winning.

EastKing

EastKing - Dec 6, 2012 12:53 am - Hasn't voted

Good start!

But please fix up the page with photos and more details. It looks like others have added some pictures. Please put them on the main page. My wife and I will be there in the next couple weeks.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Stegosaurus Butte (aka ChoirBoy)' main page