Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Mar 22, 2007 6:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice job!

I took the long and winding road to this desolate spot last September and was most impressed with how big and wild the far SE corner of Oregon is. Thanks for your work to get this info out there.

Dean

Dean - Mar 22, 2007 6:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice job!

No flat tires eh? Thanks Don for your comments. While it isn't much of a hike, it is still a heck of a ways from anything. I hope you got Blue mountain while you were there. : ) Just in case you are into prominence peaks. If not, Bolton will get you there like he did me.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Mar 22, 2007 8:34 pm - Voted 10/10

No flats -

Bob warned me about that ahead of time but the only problem I had was scratching up the sides of my SUV on the bushes encroaching on the road. The foot-deep dust on the road beyond the Stevenson BM "Motel" was interesting and I was glad to have 4WD when I got to the steep switchback section too. Quite the adventure!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 24, 2007 10:45 am - Voted 10/10

I have to agree..

.. nice skies on your photos. Ever thought of using a polarizer? Would have enhanced the sky even more...

Dean

Dean - Mar 26, 2007 9:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I have to agree..

Thanks Gangolf, and I do have a polarizer but I never seem to remember to take it with me when I go somewhere. A polarizer would've helped bring out that sky.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Stevenson BM (OR)' main page