Table Rock Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Klenke

Klenke - Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am - Hasn't voted

Time from highway?

About how long would it take to get to Table Rock from Hwy 12 (from Dayton)? The road is bumpy for the last ten miles or so, right? I need to know how long for the contingency that I leave Michelle in wine country for a while while I'm gone. Maybe a long bathroom break, heh heh!

Redwic

Redwic - Sep 15, 2010 11:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Time from highway?

The first 23.5 miles are not bumpy and FR-64 is in great condition during that stretch. The first 20.4 miles from Highway 12 are paved.

Surprisingly, once beyond the Dayton city limits the road is 50MPH until the payment ends (SKI BLUEWOOD ski area). Then one would slow down for the dirt/gravel section. Then one would have to slow down *a lot* for the final 4.5 miles of FR-64 (as well as the 0.5 miles of FR-475). Assuming no delays, I would estimate 1h15m from Dayton to the Table Rock summit. It depends on the type of driver, probably.

You will *not* enjoy that final five miles of road. Your wife (as would mine) would enjoy it even less. That final stretch of roads would not be advised during wet weather, in my opinion.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 16, 2010 11:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Time from highway?

Thanks.

"That final stretch of roads would not be advised during wet weather, in my opinion."

Can you explain why? Puddles too big? Risk of sliding off the side? I ask because I might just drive out there this weekend to get 'er done.

Redwic

Redwic - Sep 16, 2010 11:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Time from highway?

It's dirt that looks like it can become muddy very quickly, similar to what I'm sure you personally have encountered in other places of Eastern Washington. It's only a precautionary notation. I highly doubt you (or anyone else) would slide off the side of the road, considering the brushy spots there. It's more a concern of getting stuck. I would hate for anyone to attempt it and get stuck in a drainage dip, and then say I did not warn him/her afterwards. The bigger the vehicle, the better the odds for success.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Time from highway?

Well I'd be coming in a Highlander and if I got stuck the four-pawed one could get out and push.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Table Rock' main page