Tesouro Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Jun 30, 2011 8:20 am - Voted 10/10

why?

Why is it prohibited to climb the mountain?

Beautiful country, and a very nice page, by the way.

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jun 30, 2011 8:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: why?

Hello Arthur! Glad you like the page!

Here in my country park administrations confuses protection with prohibition.
And we mountaineers fight constantly to free access for several climbing places and mountains.
They have to understand that if people don't see the nature beauty, they'll never fell like to preserve and respect nature as a whole. Instead of show so people can see it, they close it and keep it inside the pocket like a key chain. Too bad...
But i am part of a very selected group of brazilian mountaineers who fight for access and hike/ climb prohibited mountains even without permission, and doing so we risk ourselves to get a ticket of even get arrested.
Sad story...
Cheers and many thanks for the comment and vote!
Paulo

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Jun 30, 2011 8:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: why?

If it is a 14-hour hike, I don't think too many people will climb it. The park administration seems misguided.

Meanwhile, of course, people continue to convert the Amazon to farmland . . . .

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 1, 2011 8:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: why?

Almost no one climb this mountain. Seriously, almost no one.
I know just a few who did it, around 5 to 10 brazilian mountaineers that's all.

That is our point. Is okay to deforest all the amazon and not okay to hike one mountain. Always the damn money speaks louder.

Btw, i just did the mountain page for its twin peak "Tesourinho", take a look, i think you'll like it.

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Jul 1, 2011 2:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: why?

Already saw Tesourinho and enjoyed it, thanks.

The Elves - Jul 1, 2011 2:19 pm - Hasn't voted

DISCLAIMER

Summitpost does not endorse or encourage routes that are officially prohibited.

The description on this page only reflects the opinion and experience of the owner of that page and in no way should be viewed as an endorsement from Summitpost.

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jul 1, 2011 3:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: DISCLAIMER

I'll add a new info at the mountain page, agreed 100%.
Cheers
Paulo

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Tesouro Peak' main page