Viewing: 1-7 of 7
lisae

lisae - Feb 14, 2007 9:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

I am planning a trip to Death Valley next month, so this page is very timely. It looks like it would be fun to check out this area of the park.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 14, 2007 9:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks!

Oh, definitely do. I've been there a few times, and it's always fun. Great photo opportunities, fun scrambling, not hard to get to. Definitely worth the trip!

I also recommend Eureka Valley if you've never been there before, or even if you have. And feel free to ask for any other suggestions; I've been just about everywhere in the park. I definitely recommend going with a high-clearance vehicle so you can explore the hundreds of miles of unpaved roads out there.

Thanks for the vote and comment!

lisae

lisae - Feb 14, 2007 9:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Vehicle?

I have a Subaru Forester. Is that considered high-clearance? I've taken it on dirt roads, such as the Geology Trail in Joshua Tree, without any problems.

My husband wants to hike up Wild Rose Peak (unfinished business) and I have a list of canyons I want to check out. I think we need to spend another week there. :-)

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 14, 2007 9:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Vehicle?

You could spend a month there and not run out of things to do. A Forester will be perfectly fine for roads marked as high-clearance ones, but avoid ones the park maps call 4WD ones. Those have deep sand, big rocks, or steep grades that require the 4-Low gear, which a Forester doesn't have. But you can see incredible amounts of great stuff with what you've got-- the 4wd routes just sometimes make interesting shortcuts or side trips.

Deb

Deb - Feb 14, 2007 11:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Crisp

Your photos are beautiful and crispy. Good info on the page that piques one's interest.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 15, 2007 12:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Crisp

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. This is a cool place that, aside from the long drive, involves very little hassle.

By the way, I replied recently to your comment on the Outer Space page. After more consideration, though, I deleted it because I didn't want to seem to be piling on the poor guy, so I don't know if you got the message or not. But I basically said that the page, if nothing else, was great for stress relief. Maybe this shows that I have no life, but I looked at that page every day until it got deleted and just cracked up. It was the perfect thing to see after a long day at work. I'm starting to laugh right now just thinking of it.

Deb

Deb - Feb 15, 2007 12:46 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Very Crisp

Oooh, I missed that. Outer Space.... bwaahaha! I'm waiting for the Deep Sea page to appear.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'The Grandstand' main page