Trapper Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 4, 2007 11:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Huh?

Hmm, I thought there was another page covering Trapper Peak. Maybe it was deleted. I can't tell because you put the topo coordinates in so the longitude is Eastern Hemisphere. Start the longitude with a - sign and check to see if this page already exists.

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Nov 5, 2007 9:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Huh?

Thanks for catching the missing - sign. It's fixed.

Yes, there was another page for Trapper Peak, and it was a good one. Unfortunately the member who posted it is no longer active on SummitPost, and when he left, he deleted all his postings.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 5, 2007 11:38 am - Hasn't voted

You mean dgreaser?

So I think it is dgreaser that is gone? Why would he delete all his postings? That is strange.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 5, 2007 4:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You mean dgreaser?

He had close to a thousand pics on SP, plus many routes and pages—of which Trapper Peak was one. All gone. As is dgreaser. Apparently some of his pictures were used off site without his permission—but he won't say who/where the culprits were/are. He's had minor disagreements with some of us in this area before, but seemed willing to collaborate on pages, sharing of route info, photos, and general information.

It's an unfortunate fact that people flame out on SP and leave. It's always a bit off-putting when that happens with a long-standing, contributing member, but in this case the more so because of both the quantity and quality of his postings. Most of us having pages from this area had photos/information on them from Daryl, which material will have to be replaced, some (of course) being more important than others. But it's nothing fatal to any of our submissions, just something to work through.

More than likely, the reason(s) for his leaving are quite clear in Daryl's mind, but since he's not communicating, and refuses (he's been asked) to identify the purveyors of his stolen photographs (in case Daryl's not the only victim), it's not all that clear to anyone else. My guess is there's more going on/gone on than is being revealed.

If you wish, you can check out this posting, which sheds a bit more light, the relevant bits beginning on page 6, with Fred Spicker's first posting, then meandering through the rest of the forum. "Abcdefg" would seem to be "dgreaser," and has been for several years. It's always a puzzle as to why someone would feel the need to have two (or more, although there's no evidence of that in this case) avatars.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 5, 2007 8:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You mean dgreaser?

A long, nebulous story, but Stgrizzly's response should suffice.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Trapper Peak' main page