Viewing: 1-20 of 23
12
The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Jul 25, 2004 8:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It's coming well. Keep up the good work!



Edit: Wow! It's another great one!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jul 25, 2004 11:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. The page is nearly done...

Jon

tlogan

tlogan - Jul 26, 2004 12:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

looks good already.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 26, 2004 3:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great page, Jon! I already mentioned it but I like the way you include the panos into the page. I didn't know that Colorado can be so green!

William Marler

William Marler - Jul 26, 2004 9:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. Cheers William

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 26, 2004 9:17 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I usually wait on votes for a finished page, but I'm busy! GREAT writing! Beautiful photos of a spectacular area. Excellent route photos. A joyous read. I'm certainthe route description will be equal in quality. Awesome job. Now you know why I didn't have to wait on the vote!



I saw a view in Backpacker Magazine of a woman running this ridge. If you could take your eyes off her long enough, Capitol Reak rises like a spire to the north. I'm guessing the clouds had already obscured it or you would have it here in your photos.



The SP gathering (which went well) encountered similar weather conditions.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jul 26, 2004 11:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much for the vote Aaron. Capitol Peak is visable in the panorama from Trausury's summit... unfortunately the upper peak is all in the clouds (but the lower slopes are visable). I am grateful I was allowed to see anything at all as it was. Indeed I am happy to be alive after tempting the "curse of the trilobite". I realy liked Treasury. It had that ephemeral feeling that I get on only a few mountains that makes me feel like I'm home.

Jon

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 26, 2004 12:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very pretty area.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Jul 26, 2004 1:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page.....thanks for submitting.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jul 26, 2004 11:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the vote Alan.

Jon

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jul 26, 2004 10:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote Attm. I am sure you are right about spying these mountans from Lead King Basin. My first glimpse of them was from Snowmass Mountain's south ridge.

Cheers,

Jon

Rachel

Rachel - Jul 27, 2004 1:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, and cool pictures. Thanks for posting. Cheers!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 6, 2004 11:18 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Rachel,

Thank you for voting on the Treasury Mountain page. I realy am fond of that region of Colorado (around Crested Butte). If you are ever down that way I highly recomend spending time in the Raggeds Wilderness.

jon

RyanS

RyanS - Jul 28, 2004 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent work!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 5, 2004 1:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ryan,

Thanks for the vote. I was hoping you would like the page. Like I mentioned to Kane Treasury is now one of my favorite summits. It was fun, interesting, and unbelievably scenic. I saw shades of green from that mountain that I did not imagine existed in Colorado. I just got back from a trip to Whidbey Island, Washington and the greenery there, although impressive, did not compare with what is found on the West sides of the Elks and about The Treasures.

Jon

RyanS

RyanS - Aug 5, 2004 2:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I've been to Whidbey myself! My brother used to be stationed at the naval base. I thought it was really pretty there, especially around Deception Pass and Langley.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 5, 2004 4:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ryan,

It was at the Naval Air Station where I was working. Even though I was stuck working 12-13 hour days I still got to go on a couple short hikes in Deception Pass State Park... The sunset view from Goose Rock was stunning. The shame is that I was within 60 miles of such stunning mountains as Mount Baker and the Olympics and I couldn't get away long enough to sample them. Maybe next time. Was you brother in the Navy then?

jon

Colonelpyat

Colonelpyat - Jul 29, 2004 1:40 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another fine effort. Five stars in a four star world.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 5, 2004 1:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you Jim for the vote and comments. I realy liked Treasury and I hope I adaquately conveyed my love of the area. The Ruby Range and adjacent mountains form one of my favorite regions of Colorado.

Cheers,

Jon

Kane

Kane - Jul 30, 2004 5:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful page for a beautiful mountain.

Viewing: 1-20 of 23
12
Return to 'Treasury Mountain' main page