Viewing: 1-7 of 7
hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 19, 2007 5:38 pm - Voted 9/10

First page

Hey, looks like your first page. I would look at other Colorado Mountain pages and try to get some more level of detail. I fear that with what you have now, you may receive low votes. I noted this to someone who created three pages for Pennsylvania mountains. She did not respond. The pages were deleted when it was noticed that so little information was on the page. If you aren't able to add anything soon, put the page as UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Best of luck.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Apr 19, 2007 7:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

Thanks for you input. Yup, this is my first page. I will add detail, and planned to do so. Hope I'm not crucified in the mean time. I appreciate you noticing and offering your input. Cheers! - Sarah

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Apr 20, 2007 8:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

Putting the "under construction" tag is an awesome self-defense against crucifiction. Good luck with your first page. Just to warn you, it is an addiction and you can't stop with just one!

;-)

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Apr 20, 2007 2:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

Thanks...yeah, I want to contribute and buid out the Puma Peak site. It's just...well, this inconvenience of having a job to support my hiking habit. Happy Trails!

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - May 1, 2007 12:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

It would be a good idea to enter the topographical information. Ericnoel provided it in the additions section, but here they are:

39.1542 and -105.5835.

If you go to the edit page screen, you'll see two fields where you can enter that information. Summitpost uses that information for hikers/climbers to find other mountains in the area, as well as to pull up topo maps on topozone.

Similarly, you can change the html links at the bottom of the page into dynamic links rather than ones you have to copy and paste to use. It will make the page look "cleaner."

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - May 4, 2007 4:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

Thanks again for the info. I'll enter the info you provided. I haven't done HTML over a year, so I need to brush up on my "reference" tags to make dynamic links.

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - May 4, 2007 7:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: First page

You don't really need to sweat the tags too much. A lot of that is built into the interface in the new and improved summitpost.

My pleasure to help with the info. The first page can be overwhelming, and there are a lot of people here with high standards. :-)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'UN 11570 "Puma Peak"' main page