Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Kane

Kane - Apr 12, 2006 2:22 am - Voted 8/10

kalet

Ok, SP seems like a site that's geared towards getting to a summit first, or mountaineering. Your pages are geared towards ski descents. I'm afraid that your mountain pages will never have a summer route unless you don't add them yourself. I will continue to vote your pages, but others don't vote your stuff mainely because they either cannot relate to your passion or they don't want to piss you off with a lower vote. SP2 is designed to let the lower scored pages sink to the bottom of the pile, while the higher scored pages will rise to the top. If you don't get more votes, your pages will eventually go bye-bye. I actually think this page is better than your Pearl Mountain page but your missing your typical Topo map. I would also describe a summer route as well. Also, do you not have a camera? Your friend takes ok photos but it would be nice to see some of your own shots. If you love this mountain, try to do the mountain with justice and take a good photo of it.

BTW-I would call this peak UN13,312 "West Pearl Mountain" considering West Pearl is not an official name. Trying to get some consistancy in the database with unofficial names and official names. When someone looks at a USGS TOPO map, they won't see West Pearl Mountain. But they will see 13,212.

Brian Kalet

Brian Kalet - Apr 12, 2006 5:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: kalet

I feel my pages are geared towards ski mountaineering, which is defined as using skis for the ascent AND descent of peaks.
I believe I always include a summer route.
However, most times the route is identical to the snow route.
I do not have a camera.
1. I've tried to outline the summer route in more detail on the route page.
2. I initially attached the topo map to the route page, but have now attached it directly to the main page.
3. I've uploaded a better photo of West Pearl.
4. I've changed the name to UN13,312 "West Pearl Mountain", but not everyone follows this rule.
An example is "The Citadel"

Kane

Kane - Apr 13, 2006 2:26 am - Voted 8/10

Re: kalet

Good call on the Citadel. I'll e-mail Aaron and see what he thinks! Keep doing what your're doing if that's what you believe in.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to '"West Pearl Mountain"' main page