Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 31, 2004 12:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page! Why don't you post "the trail" information as a separate route? Or is it only interesting for "runners?

;-)

Have a nice weekend

Gangolf

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Jul 31, 2004 1:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much for the vote!



best regards,



dn

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Jul 31, 2004 1:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much for the vote!



Best regards,



dn

Klenke

Klenke - Jul 31, 2004 3:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It's about time this mountain got put onto summitpost. Well written page to boot.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Jul 31, 2004 9:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi,



Thanks for the vote and the compliment! I was surprised that this mountain wasn't already posted when I went to look for it - it's such a visible feature of the area.



By the way, do you know how to get a photo up at the top of a mountain page to the right of the general description? I can't seem to figure out how to do it.



Best regards,



dn

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 1, 2004 8:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Re: signature picture



The first thing you need to do is find out the ID # of the photo you wish to make appear at the top of the Main Page (i.e., the signature photo). There are several ways to ascertain the ID #. One way is to right click on the mouse over the photo and select properties. The address line gives the number: ######.jpg. You can also find out the ID # by hovering the mouse over the thumbnail. The third way is to take it off the URL at the top of a picture page, but this requires that you use the right one as more than one ID # appears in the URL.



After you get the appropriate URL, go into edit mode for your mountain page. The eighth line of the edit page allows you to enter a picture ID into the Signature Photo ID line.

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 1, 2004 8:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Also,



You need to input these things on the edit page (not simply in your overview section):

1. Coordinates so the Topozone link comes up at left: 48.2108, -121.6779 (the minus sign is important)

2. Elevation: 6,852 ft

3. Location: use scroll-select boxes for Country (United States), Continent (North America), and State (Washington)

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Aug 6, 2004 11:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the all the great info. Sorry for the delay in responding - had to go back up Theilsen to try to find my lost GPS. (no luck, that one is a goner, I guess - I totally searched the summit area and every crack and cranny! Can you believe it, I even found cigarette butts up there - go figure!)



I've added the "signature photo" and made numerous other changes as well. I really appreciate the help.



sincerely,



dn

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Aug 1, 2004 6:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I don't know what happened - it just disappeared sometimes yeasterday. By going to my profile and accessing one of my photos you can reach the page, it's still there, but I can't get into it to edit, etc. I've put an inquiry on the message board and am hoping one of the sp elves can help out.



By the way, thank you very much for the vote and suggestion - I was wondering how to do that.



best regards,



dn

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Aug 13, 2004 3:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. Surprised this one hadn't been added.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Aug 13, 2004 6:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much for the vote!



I, too, was surprised this one wasn't already posted when I first looked it up when I joined sp a year ago. I had attemped to summit a couple of times over the last few years but didn't feel qualified to post until I actually made it.



best regards,



dn

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Aug 13, 2004 10:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting "trail." Bottomless crevasses and all that good stuff. :- )

Dean

Dean - Oct 17, 2004 8:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. Funny, this is one I've never even thought about climbing but now, thanks to your page, its been put on my list.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Oct 17, 2004 9:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Dean,

Thank you very much for the compliment. Funny thing, too, I first drove by this peak the first year the North Cascades Hwy opened and never thought to climb it myself until '98!



Best regards,



Don

Brad Snider

Brad Snider - Oct 31, 2004 2:28 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Nov 6, 2004 9:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Brad - I appreciate the vote and compliment!



Don

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Nov 24, 2004 11:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for the vote.



don

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Dec 21, 2004 8:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote.

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Return to 'Whitehorse Mountain' main page