Willson Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
colinr

colinr - Dec 12, 2014 7:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Thorough

I've hiked up a couple of times and mountain biked up several times. That's an interesting note about the spelling. Grizzly Gulch area is fun; on rides there, I've been within feet of feral pigs, deer, bobcats, turkeys, tarantulas, and a large pack of coyotes. I haven't been there in about a decade due to dog restrictions, busier lifestyle, and no longer living at the base of the Diablo Range (now several County Parks on either side of the valley are closer), but I'll be back with my kids. Winter views of the Sierra are fun and snow hikes are sometimes possible. Fall and spring bring nice colors, while summer mornings can be cool and bring great views over the fog layer. I recall enjoying the Anza and Tower trails as well. You probably are aware that the Anza trail is of great historical interest. Anyway, nice page!

boyblue

boyblue - Dec 12, 2014 8:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thorough

I used to hike in the original section of the park nearly every weekend from the seventies, through the eighties and then stopped rather abruptly in the mid-nineties due to, as you say, a busier lifestyle. We're still busy, but I've recently taken it upon myself to put hiking at a higher level of priority. (Rather than spending weekends landscaping, painting bedrooms, etc.) It's been wonderful getting back to Coe- especially to the southern region which I'd never visited before this year.

As always, your comments are very appreciated. Thank you!
-Gordon

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Willson Peak' main page