Yak Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
gimpilator

gimpilator - Sep 23, 2010 4:07 am - Voted 10/10

Yay for Yak!

I was actually wondering if you would end up posting this peak. Growing up with family in BC I found myself on the Coquihalla Highway every year. Yak peak always stood out to me and was the most impressive sight of the whole drive. My mother used to call it "Adam's Mountain" because I liked the sight of it so much. I've thought of the peak many times but never knew the name of it. The granite slabs visible from the highway are truly amazing. This one is going on my to do list. Thanks for the information!

beaudaddy85

beaudaddy85 - Sep 23, 2010 2:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Yay for Yak!

Thanks Adam. There are a good handful of peaks right in that particular area. Lets plan a trip for next year to do them.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Yay for Yak!

It would be great to make the drive up that way together. Let's plan on it.

LuminousAphid

LuminousAphid - Feb 16, 2012 10:59 am - Hasn't voted

North Face

I have been reading Beckey's guide in my free time this winter, and recently came across the sketch of this peak from the East. The north face above the lake (as seen here: http://members.shaw.ca/k.rajala/LobsterJournalPages/Images/07yaknface.jpg) looks absolutely amazing; are there any routes here? I'm guessing the comparative ease of accessing the opposite face has caused the north face to be ignored. Or maybe it's just too steep?

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Yak Peak' main page