Mt. Stanley Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Nelson

Nelson - Aug 3, 2006 6:21 am - Voted 10/10

High On The Wish List

I'd love to visit this place some day, and may do so if things work out. I have many of the books in your bibliography, and it just looks fascinating. I love these misty mountains with strange vegetation and craggy peaks emerging from the clouds. Too bad to hear the snows are going, going, gone.

I'll hold off on voting until your pictures are loaded, but clearly a "10" page in the making. I have a slide photo scanner if you want to trust me with your slides somehow, and can digitize them.

Scott

Scott - Aug 3, 2006 8:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice start

Make sure to add some climbing routes when you can. I hope to visit these mountains sometime.

RobSC

RobSC - Aug 3, 2006 10:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks Scott

I have plans to put at least the standard route up Margherita and the SE ridge of Alexandra on as climbing routes as I have climbed them and have slides. There are some other outstanding routes but I don't have the pictures to make a worthy page.

The mountains are one of the world's most wonderous of places!

tlogan

tlogan - Aug 9, 2006 2:36 am - Voted 10/10

nice to see

Some info about these enfabled peaks. let me know when you get some more pics up . Thanks for adding the peaks, I have long been fascinated with this region and look forward to a time in the not too distant future when I can head to the Ruwenzori and climb some of these great peaks. Cheers -Tim-

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Aug 10, 2006 7:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent write up...

...on a climbing area I didn't know existed. Good photos. Outstanding background details and I particularly enjoyed the sections on the history - natural and temporal - of the area. Thanks so much for sharing.

Nelson

Nelson - Aug 11, 2006 8:18 pm - Voted 10/10

You're welcome

Rob, Glad the photos worked out. They look good on the page. Yep, I'll keep this place on the wish list for sure.

Pleasure to meet you, and here's to some outings in the future. Mohling Traverse?! Good luck in Leadville.

Arthur Digbee

Arthur Digbee - Mar 15, 2007 2:20 pm - Voted 10/10

wonderful page

Great details in every section, and wonderful pictures convey the weirdness of the area.

RobSC

RobSC - Mar 18, 2007 9:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: wonderful page

Thanks. It was a place that I wanted to visit for 30 years before finally getting there. Unlike some things that you anticipate for so long, the experience exceeded any expectations. It is a magical place.

GORILLA TREKKING

GORILLA TREKKING - Mar 2, 2021 1:12 am - Hasn't voted

Climbing Challange

We attempted climbing to the Stanley peak in August during the rainy season. Out of 12 climbers, only 4 managed to endure the climb. It was quite challenging but beautiful all the way the Rwenzori's are a must climb for any mountaineer.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Mt. Stanley' main page