Viewing: 1-16 of 16
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Oct 17, 2004 10:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This will be nice! Good start!

-Britt

Dean

Dean - Oct 18, 2004 12:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

i love anything in Nevada and this is a good one to go with. Is there a book that covers this area? I looked in Desert Summits and found nothing on this peak.

cp0915

cp0915 - Oct 18, 2004 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Desert Summits is a great reference book, but if I remember correctly, it kind of neglects Red Rock. I would imagine that Branch Whitney's book probably covers North Peak though.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jan 16, 2007 3:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

Some late info:

There is a disconnect between what the BLM calls "North Peak" and what many locals call "North Peak". To BLM, NP is a limestone summit, ca 7250', just north of the trail to Bridge via RR Summit. To many locals, NP is a sandstone crag (~7016') a mile or so farther to the NNE. Neither summit is labeled on the USGS map. The latest vcersion of Zdon's book describes the higher limestone crag as "North Peak".

cp0915

cp0915 - Jan 16, 2007 3:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Untitled Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the info, Harlan. I'll hafta check out Zdon's latest version. I'm curious to know what's been added.

brenta

brenta - Oct 19, 2004 3:02 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page, clear and complete. Thanks for posting!

rpc

rpc - Nov 18, 2004 6:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great addition to the RR collection on SP!!

Gotta get myself that Branch Whitney guidebook esp. if it contains more uknown treasures like this one.

cp0915

cp0915 - Nov 19, 2004 10:02 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote, rpc. As soon as I get my hands on a camera (had to borrow one for this page), I intend to add Bridge Mountain, as well. I can't believe no one's ever added it.



Yes, that guidebook has some good stuff in it. I know you're a climber, but if you're ever headed to RR and want ideas for some good canyon scrambling and peakbagging routes, let me know.



Thanks again.

rpc

rpc - Dec 3, 2004 11:56 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

cp,

if you've climbed Bridge (which I'm sure you have) and it's only photos you're short on, I have a few shots of it from different angles within the park.....just in case you want to submit it. I've been looking at that peak throughout our 6 trips down to RR and it looks awsome! It has this nice-looking technical route, think it's called the NE Arete at 5.6?

Anyway, definitely would be good to see this one on SP!

radek

cp0915

cp0915 - Dec 3, 2004 4:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

rpc -



If you have pictures to contribute, I'd be happy to add a Bridge Mountain page. The only issue I might have is that the route is semi-tough to describe and without a good route overview photo, it will be kinda challenging. I think a buddy of mine might have an okay photo I could use. Anyway, I will make every attempt to put up a Bridge Mtn. page in the next few days. I'll contact you as soon as I do so that you can add the photos. Thanks!



As for a NE arete route, I don't recall seeing a NE arete on Bridge, unless maybe it's lower down around Icebox Canyon. Otherwise, there's a ridge that connects Bridge Mtn. and nearby Bridge Pt. Maybe that's considered the NE arete. Without studying a photo, though, I can't say for sure.

rpc

rpc - Dec 3, 2004 4:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

cp,



sounds good. Yeah, my photos are limited to the "front side" (i.e. views from various points along loop road & state hwy.) views of Bridge. I think the climbing route goes up the "back" side. So you're right, I don't think you could use my shots directly to describe the climbing route. Once you submit the page, I'll post a few shots and you can let me know which ones will be worth keeping vs. which ones should be dropped.



That NE Arete is I think in Swain's climbing book (also used to be on the web but that page is gone now). I'm not sure exactly how long it is or where it starts/ends.



BTW, you seem to be very familiar with this area. Have you been to the top of Mescalito? If so I'd very much like to get beta from you on the route. We'd like to do the complete Dark Shadows climb to the top but all sources just "warn" against the painful/difficult descent. Much thanks!

cp0915

cp0915 - Dec 6, 2004 10:23 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

rpc - I'd be happy to use whatever Bridge pictures you have. Again, I'll let you know as soon as I post the page.



I have been to the top of Mescalito. Although it may be a tad tricky for me to descibe the easiest descent route to you, I'd be happy to do my best.



Seeing from your recent submissions that you were just at RR, I assume you're not in a hurry for the Mescalito beta. Shoot me an email when you need the info and I'll get it to you.

cp0915

cp0915 - Dec 6, 2004 10:31 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

By the way, rpc, I went up Indecision Peak for the first time on Saturday. I see that on your page for the peak you have an estimated summit elevation - If you care to update it, the summit elevation is 6465 feet.

rpc

rpc - Dec 6, 2004 1:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

cp,

thanks for providing the Indecision peak summit elev. I've corrected by estimate and gave you credit for the info. BTW, perhaps you could add a route on that page describing your summit route (the page could definitely use more info. than just one route I have there).



As for the Mescalito descent, if you wouldn't mind...we're actually thinking of heading back to the SW over Xmas/New Years. Although Moab is the "planA", chances are the weather there might be crap and we'll head down to Red Rocks again. If that's the case, I'd really like to try the complete Dark Shadows to summit of Mesc.



I can imagine that it's tough to describe that descent but ANY info. would be greatly appreciated (have you thought about adding it as a route to Mescalito page?).

Much much thanks!!

radek

cp0915

cp0915 - Dec 8, 2004 11:59 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

rpc - Did you get the Mescalito descent description I emailed you?

rpc

rpc - Dec 8, 2004 12:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

cp,

I did - thank you very much. I actually responded by email yesterday not sure if that reached you. Anyway, thank you again for the good beta on Mescalito!

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'North Peak (NV)' main page