Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Mar 16, 2006 5:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Great start tylo

and nice to see you active here on SP! The page will benefit from more images, a small section on nature and history of the area, and more children objects (I hope to include Stansbury Island and Promonotory Range later in spring). Will up my vote as the page progresses.

Dean

Dean - Mar 16, 2006 9:25 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm loving it

This page is a great idea. I particularly like the fact that you have the Wellsville peaks in it as well as Messix Pk and Stansbury Island.

Utah is full of great places and these are some that most people have never heard of. BTW, the following link will give you a neat map of the prominence peaks of Utah and you'll notice that the northwest corner of Utah has all of the ones you have noted.
http://www.peaklist.org/USmaps/utahsummits.gif

MrWasatch

MrWasatch - Apr 10, 2006 4:52 am - Hasn't voted

Added a picture

Was in the Logan area and got a pic of Box Elder and Wellsville since there didn't appear to be any yet on summitpost. I'd love to get up and climb these from Coldwater trail this year, but I'm hearing the road isn't passenger car friendly!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - May 17, 2007 12:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Added a picture

Thanks for the photo. Yes, the Coldwater Trail is not passenger car friendly. It is easy to get stuck there. I would only take a high clearance vehicle up that road. The Rattlesnake Trail and Deep Canyon trailheads can be reached by any vehicle.

The Rattlesnake Trail is the shortest route to the summit of Box Elder Peak. Wellsville Cone would add an extra 2 miles roundtrip but there is a trail. The snow has already melted from the Wellsville Mountains and they are waiting to be climbed now.

gjagiels

gjagiels - May 16, 2007 4:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Completely remodeled

And a really nice job! All of your pages are excellent but the range pages are exceptional, lots of good information here and you covered everything!... Will definately come in handy :-) Thanks very much!

I have a couple of shots of the Lakeside Mountains, I'll go through them soon.

Greg

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - May 16, 2007 7:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Completely remodeled

Thanks Greg! I decided to adopt the page and redo it from scratch. It will be a growing page like the Bear River Range. There are still plenty of mountains to explore up north. Feel free to add any of your photos for this area.

Garfimi

Garfimi - Oct 9, 2007 3:03 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome Page!

Mountaingazelle another great, amazing page you have done. Well done!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 9, 2007 1:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome Page!

Thanks for the nice compliment! This page should be more complete by next year. I will be adding more information to it when I climb mountains in this area.

Ed F

Ed F - Feb 28, 2008 9:43 am - Voted 10/10

Great Info

Really comprehensive stuff here, and on the sub-pages as well. Thanks for adding this. More places to add to my ever-growing list of places to visit!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Feb 28, 2008 12:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Info

Thanks! There is still a lot of information I plan to add to this page. Just need time to go to all of these mountain ranges especially the more obscure areas. I agree with you. My list of places to visit just keeps getting bigger!

StarMan

StarMan - Jun 30, 2008 8:51 am - Voted 10/10

Great pages...

... and very well presented.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jun 30, 2008 2:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great pages...

Thanks for the nice comment! I'm glad that you like them.

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Nov 26, 2010 10:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Superb!

Your range pages are among the best on Summitpost!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Nov 28, 2010 1:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Superb!

Thanks for kind words! I tried to make the pages useful for locals and for people who are not familiar with the area. I also like your pages from the Eastern U.S.

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 23, 2011 8:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page!

A lot of work you must have put into this - and an excellent job you did! Congratulations!
Cheers,
Eric

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 24, 2011 12:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Thanks Eric! I have been adding info to this page as I explore this area more. Some of the mountains are a long drive from the city and it has been fun to hike in those ranges.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 5, 2011 7:01 pm - Voted 10/10

On a roll!

I think it's been a month more or less that one of your amazing pages has been featured on the front page. Congrats!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 6, 2011 10:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: On a roll!

Thanks Matt! I'm sure people are tired of seeing my pages on the front page. This one was fun and interesting to put together for a great area.

Dean

Dean - Oct 6, 2011 11:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: On a roll!

I never get tired of your work and they deserve front page exposure. Few people provide the depth and information that you do on your area pages and this one is another gem. Thanks for all the time you spend.

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'Northern Utah Ranges' main page