Oquirrh Range Comments

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
EricChu

EricChu - Jan 10, 2010 9:26 am - Voted 10/10

Those Photos are absolutely fantastic!

This is going to be great - please notify me when you've completely accomplished the page as you conceive it! All the best to you TyeDyeTwins, many greetings et un grand bonjour de MauriceRavel! ;-)

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Jan 12, 2010 2:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Those Photos are absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for the comment and the vote MauriceRavel. The Oquirrhs are wrapped in mystery and red tape, making this page a living growing document. Just keep on checking out this page and keep an eye out for the daily changes/additions. Happy Trails/New Year MariceRavel.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Jan 20, 2010 12:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice set-up, so far.

There is no snow cat operation that I know of. The mines and lots of red tape keep most people out of the range....Too bad.....their missing out. Happy Trails

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 16, 2010 7:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Yep, gotta love the Oquirrhs ...

Even though they seem to be wrapped up in a cloak of commercial
interest, I've had some of my favorite moments (growing up) in the
Oquirrhs.

Hopefully, I didn't trespass on anybody's land when I was out there, without having a clue I actually WAS on somebody's land.

Geez, I hate it when that happens!

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Feb 17, 2010 12:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Yep, gotta love the Oquirrhs ...

Hate it when that happens to me as well. Happens to the best of us. I agree, some of my best and worst climbing moments were in the Oquirrhs. Happy Trails Larry.

Dean

Dean - Feb 17, 2010 1:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Gotta admit it...

..you are right about it only takes one time to fall in love with this mountain range. I've been up Flat Top twice and have my eyes on the rest of the range's peaks (the legal ones). I really enjoy this page, you've done a terrific job of spotlighting the area.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Gotta admit it...

Thanks Dean........I have had my eyes on the legal peaks (and illegal peaks) for quite some time too. Planning on hitting Nelson Peak as soon as we get a nice blue sky Sunday. Happy Trails Dean and see you somewhere in the Oquirrh Range maybe?

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 24, 2010 6:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Hello Twins ..

When did you post this page? Didn't it (once) belong to 'Mountaingazelle?' Forgive me if I'm mistaken.

The first peak you encounter, as you look off to the southeast
from the city of Tooele is called "Tooele Peak."

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hello Twins ..

Nope, it’s not my page. TyeDyeTwins submitted this fairly recently in January 2010.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Jun 24, 2010 8:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello Twins ..

Mountaingazelle is right, this is my page and it did come up around January. I found out earlier this morning (talk about co-incidence) that there is a "West Desert Ranges" page here on Sp that covers the Oquirrhs as well as several other mountain ranges. I think the Oquirrh Range is big enough that it should have its own page, just like the other big mountain ranges of Utah. As far as I know that is Tooele Peak (and several more peaks) in that picture, but it is not like there is a sign at the top of them that says their names. I use the same names as Tyson Bradley's book "Backcountry Skiing Utah" when it comes to the Oquirrhs. Happy Trails out there Larry.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 24, 2010 10:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hello Twins ..

Is this Trevor or Troy?

Sorry, but you missed my point. I'm NOT concerned about the names,
I was just pointing out "Tooele" Peak to you, 'cause you misspelled it on your amazing 'Oquirrh Range' page.

You spelled it as "Tootle Peak." Ha, ha ...

Tootle lou, Twins! Have an enjoyable weekend! : )

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Jun 25, 2010 2:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hello Twins ..

The day they invent a spell checker on this site I swear to god I will use it. In the mean time I will correct the spelling mistake on the page.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hello Trevor ..

Don't worry 'bout it !!!

Uh well, there IS that unruly gang of teens from TOOELE, kind of upset over the misspelling of their precious peak.

Instead of "rage against the machine," its ... "rage against the Twins."

At least, in their eyes ...

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Oquirrh Range' main page