Orno Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
edevart

edevart - Jun 26, 2017 5:39 pm Date Climbed: Jun 25, 2017

Via Mandell Pass  Sucess!

Beautiful hike. First to sign summit log in over a year (since June 2016). Peak gets several ascents annually. Great walking up top. 5 hours from car to car via Mandell Lakes Trail and Pass.

Scott

Scott - Sep 21, 2015 10:53 am Date Climbed: Sep 20, 2015

Orno  Sucess!

September 19

Kim and I started in the afternoon and hiked to Black Mandall Lake, where we set up camp. The autumn leaves are coming out and should be peaking in a week.

Kim didn't like the stream crossings, but it was a good hike to the lake. It was a bit breezy at the lake, but still sunny.

September 20

We woke up to a 29F morning, which isn't that bad for late September at this elevation. At first light we started up Orno Peak. It was chilly and windy, but the skies were clear and we made our way to Mandall Pass and then the summit.

At the fore summit, Orno Peak looked formidable, but it was actually an easy class 2 climb. After enjoying the summit we returned the same way, packed up camp and headed for home. It was a great trip.

edevart

edevart - Jun 21, 2015 9:31 am Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2015

Fathers Day Jaunt

Went up to check out snow situation. Some postholing, but not too bad. Turned around at bottom of SE ridge for lack of time. Found an easier way down avoiding dense timber.

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Aug 21, 2012 1:45 pm Date Climbed: Aug 18, 2012

Orno, NW Orno and UN12008  Sucess!

Beautiful area. 10 hour hike, 18+ miles for all 3 peaks, 3500'+ gain (see map). Zero people. Pretty damn outstanding.

vanny37

vanny37 - Jul 28, 2007 5:57 pm Date Climbed: Jul 1, 2007

Southeast Ridge  Sucess!

Climbed the southeast ridge route. Great little peak with exceptional views. Beautiful area. Wildflowers were out and there were only a few small snowfields to cross. However, got 'turned around' in the swampy area between the peak and West Coal Creek and met the worst mosquitoes in my life. Just horrible. Also, be careful going cross country, the forests can be thick and difficult to navigate.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Orno Peak' main page