Pagoda Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

gtrek - Jun 28, 2020 8:51 am Date Climbed: Jun 27, 2020

Harris Family - Grant, Holly, Joseph, Ella and Custer  Sucess!

Great hike and phenomenal views from Pagoda.

Kessler

Kessler - Nov 11, 2014 2:34 pm Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2005

Pagoda  Sucess!

7-21-2013
9-10-2005

Shaylee

Shaylee - Jul 17, 2013 5:38 pm Date Climbed: Jul 13, 2013

Pagoda  Sucess!

7-13-2013

Scott

Scott - Sep 11, 2005 8:54 pm Date Climbed: Sep 10, 2005

Pagoda  Sucess!

July 13 2013

Shaylee, Kessler, and I climbed Pagoda Peak in the Flat Tops. The trail was super muddied up and stinky form a huge herd of cows. Had we known, we would have chosen another hike.

We hiked along the trail (the mosquitoes were out), but left the trail too early so we had to do a lot of log hopping. We made our way to the easy cliff band on Pagoda Peak and had a bit of fun climbing it. There were still mosquitoes on the summit, but we still had a nice lunch.

It was noticed that some big clouds were headed our way, so we left the summit of the mountain and hurried down. About half way to the trail from the summit, the skies opened up and soaked us good. It was a really muddy walk the rest of the way back to Ripple Creek Pass.

September 10 2005

Climbed the "real Pagoda".

The night of September 9, it snowed down to 10,200 feet in the Flat Tops (Colorado). I was camping at Snell Park with Kessler (my three year old son) and we had about the biggest thunderstorm I have ever camped in. I left my pan outside and it rained over 3.5 inches overnight with a skiff of snow. During the night, the wind blew branches onto the tent and blew the pegs of the rainfly out of the ground, so we and all our stuff got soaked. In the morning all of the Flat Tops looked white with snow. We could see the Park Range and the mountains over there were white too. Saturday had god weather, but everything was icy and it was very cold and windy. The class 3 pitch was a challenge, but we both made the summit! Believe it or not, Kessler was actually the one who insisted on doing so as I asked him repeatedly if he wanted to turn back!

Summit photo of the ice encrusted rocks:

CLICK HERE

June 4 2005

Climbed East Pagoda with SP member Chris VanArsdale during a snowstorm with little visibility.

We actually thought we were climbing the main summit, but ended up climbing East Pagoda.

See TRIP REPORT for both ascents.

vanny37

vanny37 - Jun 19, 2005 10:01 am

Route Climbed: Ripple Creek Pass Date Climbed: June 4, 2005  Sucess!

Climbed EAST Pagoda with Scott Patterson in a June snowstorm! Awesome little class 4 pitch near the top!! Couldn't see a darn thing... and we were slightly confused as to our exact location!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Pagoda Peak' main page