Rhyang

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Uncle Jams Army

by Uncle Jams Army » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:05 am

Rob,

I have been following your progress on this message board for some time now, and I have to say I am very glad you are well on your way to healing. I am going to give the West Face Gully another run next year, and it would be great if you wouldn't mind joining me again, even though it is old hat for you.

Keep on Keeping on, buddy.

Robert

Misha

by Misha » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:19 am

Having seen Rob a few times since his injury, I am thrilled to say that he is making remarkable progress. Keep your positive vibes flowing!

Rob - can't wait to see you hiking and climbing again!

MoabPeakBagger

by MoabPeakBagger » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:29 am

rob-- we've never met but I've read your posts now and again over the years.

your recovery is inspirational... keep up the good work. the golden granite of the high country will await your return. 8)

Dragger

by Dragger » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:52 pm

Kris wrote:Rob, the bad news is that your ice tools are on the very bottom! :lol:

Which ice tools would those be? The Quarks, the Vipers, the Aztars, the ones with the green handles, the ones with the red handles, the leashless tools, the leashed tools, the ones with the blue handles, the ones with the yellow handles, the ones for dry tooling, the ones for wet tooling, or the ones with the pinky rests? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to see you improving so much Rob! We'll call you tonight.

C

uwjennie

by uwjennie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 pm

Looking good Rob. I think you might have a future in bowling.

Take care - build up those arm muscles so you are ready to swing one of your many sets of tools again.

:)
Jennie

depclimb

rhyang

by depclimb » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:07 pm

With so much metal currently in Rob, I think he should go retro with wood shaft tools. Chouinard Alpine Hammer and Stubai Ash Axe.

rhyang

by rhyang » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Dragger wrote:
Kris wrote:Rob, the bad news is that your ice tools are on the very bottom! :lol:

Which ice tools would those be? The Quarks, the Vipers, the Aztars, the ones with the green handles, the ones with the red handles, the leashless tools, the leashed tools, the ones with the blue handles, the ones with the yellow handles, the ones for dry tooling, the ones for wet tooling, or the ones with the pinky rests? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to see you improving so much Rob! We'll call you tonight.

C

:lol: Now now, I only own quarks, aztars, and grivel x-monsters. Looking forward to hearing about France :)

Thanks again all for the good wishes :D My PT cleared me to use the walker around the hospital with nursing supervision, so I started walking laps in the evening. It makes the nurses a bit nervous :twisted:

Sunday I had a visit from Lisae and her friend Jen - good to meet you ! I also had an unexpected visit from Bob Suzuki. Hadn't seen him in years... more than anything this experience has taught me the goodness of people in the climbing community.

lisae

by lisae » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:03 pm

rhyang wrote:Thanks again all for the good wishes :D My PT cleared me to use the walker around the hospital with nursing supervision, so I started walking laps in the evening. It makes the nurses a bit nervous :twisted:

I don't know about making the nurses nervous, but it must feel good to be able to walk laps! You'll get strong quickly.
Last edited by lisae on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dmitry Pruss

by Dmitry Pruss » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:26 pm

Good vibes from Utah, I know from my own very recent experience how good it feels to start moving your butt around again :) The progress is as always slow and uneven, gotta cherish every little sign of it. Right now I am looking forward to a day when I can ditch my crutches for good (although the phys therapist already lets me walk crutch-free for "yards", just not for "miles"). And there should be months and months of ever-so-slow but steady work ahead - but that's what persistence is for :)

depclimb

rhyang

by depclimb » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:40 pm

Rob,

I really think you should consider going to the wood tools.

Jeff

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 pm

lisae wrote:
rhyang wrote:Thanks again all for the good wishes :D My PT cleared me to use the walker around the hospital with nursing supervision, so I started walking laps in the evening. It makes the nurses a bit nervous :twisted:

I don't know about making the nurses nervous, but it must feel good to be able to walk laps! You'll get strong quickly.

Now, if you start stalking the nurses on their rounds, that will make them nervous :twisted:

b_betts

by b_betts » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:52 am

Looks good Rob, glad to see you're finding time to bowl. :>

no avatar
Zzyzx

by Zzyzx » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:56 am

I don't know about bowling, Rob.... I'd stay away from those extreme sports for now.

Hope you're still enjoying that special gift from Dirk :D

steeleman

by steeleman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:57 pm

Rob, I've never met you, but I've been following the posts here and wish you the best for a speedy recovery.

By the way, I had a great day scrambling ridges in the high country yesterday. Along the way I found this note on top of a mountain with a nice view. Hope it reminds you of better days and hints at where you'll be again soon.

stevepack

by stevepack » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Rob...

Greetings from the humid east. Take care and get well soon!!!

PreviousNext

Return to California