Pic Paradis Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Scott

Scott - Jan 7, 2019 4:52 pm Date Climbed: Dec 25, 2018

Pic Paradis  Sucess!

I took a taxi to near the summit of Pic Paradis and then headed south along the trail that traveses the island. It was a little muddy and rainy at times, but the trail was pretty good until I hit the French/Dutch Border at Flagstaff Hill. After several probes into the forest, I was unable to find the trail. The French side of the trail must be better maintained than the Dutch side. After several probes I gave up and returned the same way. There were many butterflies along the trail and I saw several parrots as well. Some parts of the trail had spider webs with big spiders accross the trail, so I had to watch for those. A few times I wasn't paying enough attention and ended with big spiders in my face.

I found the trail to the true summit of Pic Paradis and visted the summit area. There was a nice viewpoint nearby, but the summit of Pic Paradis itself isn't that pretty since it is covered in radio towers.

After visiting the summit, I headed down the road and walked to Marigot where I took a bus back to Simpson Bay.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'Pic Paradis' main page