Pico de las Nieves (GC) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7

lautis96 - Jan 19, 2024 8:28 am Date Climbed: Jan 16, 2024

Pico de las Nieves  Sucess!

Excellent.

damgaard

damgaard - Mar 23, 2020 7:45 am Date Climbed: Mar 3, 2019

Easy  Sucess!

Walked up there from the parking lot after making a hike out to Campanario.

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - May 24, 2018 1:34 pm Date Climbed: May 24, 2010

Hot and sunny.  Sucess!

Hot and sunny day walk.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jan 9, 2017 2:36 pm Date Climbed: Dec 28, 2016

Camino Santiago  Sucess!

Repeated the tour from 2011. Still the same wonderful Camino, still the same wonderful views. At least close-up views, since there was a lot of Sahara dust was in the air.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 3, 2012 3:34 pm Date Climbed: Dec 27, 2011

For the second time  Sucess!

From Cruz Grande to Pico de las Nieves and beyond. After having climbed from the north 8 years previously we added the wonderful southern route in Dec 2012. Not too crowded on top but still not the best of places to be. Contemplated climbing on to of the rock window but desisted since we didn't know how the military would react. Saw someone on top of the window later on ...

darinchadwick

darinchadwick - Jan 20, 2006 6:47 am

Route Climbed: Not mentioned yet, will add the route soon. Date Climbed: 19 January, 2006  Sucess!

Hiked on one of the ancient "camino´s" until reaching a smaller trail that led to the summit. Great hiking variety, starting with agave and paving stones, and ending in a pine forest path on pumice and tuff. It is a little insulting to reach the summit with busloads of tourists, and the true summit just out of reach, the journey was definitly better than the destination.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 8, 2004 9:26 am

Route Climbed: Vega de San MAteo - Pico de Las Nieves Date Climbed: Dec 23rd 2003  Sucess!

Long climb (1200m of altitude). We lost our way quite often, especially on the last part below the summit. Ugly military installations on top but very nice views of both calderas. Descending, rain hit us.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Pico de las Nieves (GC)' main page