Pomerape Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
tatraman

tatraman - Apr 20, 2005 4:26 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

After the climbing, you can relax in the natural hot springs about 6 km north from the village. ask the locals for the route, it is quite easy to find. The water is 35 to 40 degrees and a wonderful experience, some refreshments can be bought in the house right on the side of the natural bath...



There is no electricity in the village (only couple of generators running few hours a day in the park rengers office). There is a basic hospital, some places to buy food, donkeys and 4x4 to rent and wonderful old adobe brick churches all over the park...



The best accomodations are the so called Cahutas - local adobe brick houses with roundish roofs. price of app. 15 to 20 Boliviano per person. No showers in the village. everything is centralised, proices are fixed and the park administration assignes accomodation to tourists.



The park rangers have two way radios... you can get the frequencies and keep in touch. possibilities to rent equipment in the village are very limited, bring yours or rent in la paz.



Also see parinacota page for more info.

Corax

Corax - Sep 12, 2006 10:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Could you please add

Could you please add the peak's coordinates on the page.

Thanks, JC.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Pomerape' main page