Potato Hill Comments

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 11, 2004 5:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 11, 2004 5:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Nov 11, 2004 5:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great page Bob! Wonderful!

-Britt

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 11, 2004 6:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks! Trying to get some of the Black Mountain peaks added. I hit a couple more, so I'll add them in a day or so.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Nov 11, 2004 5:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another good one. You've certainly been productive lately.



We really should start making GROUP pages like the Euros do. It would be very handy to have a page which describes the range as a whole, the relationships of the different mountains with each other, and the relative merits of each.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 11, 2004 6:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I agree.



I have done a couple of group postings: My Moore's Knob (Sauratown Group) and my Morrow Mountain (Uwharrie Group) are the pair I've done.



I suspect the Black Mountains would be a prime range to list as a group.

desainme

desainme - Nov 11, 2004 9:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good choice Bob. This is the first of your pages that I viewing and rating using the Mozilla firefox-it moves along pretty nicely. I especially liked the view out over the valley -gives a good sense of elevation.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 11, 2004 9:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!



(What's "mozilla firefox"?)

desainme

desainme - Nov 12, 2004 6:25 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It's a browser that seems to be speedier than MS Internet Explorer, less subject to pop ups and less likeley to be an avenue for spyware. Some folks are using it and reaction appears positive.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Nov 12, 2004 1:03 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Nov 12, 2004 2:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What do you mean? Do you want to get into the Guinness book of records? For the man who posted most SP pages on a day?

hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 13, 2004 12:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I think I realize now it is obvious from the topo map how you reach these summits. Keep adding routes if any are applicable.

BobSmith

BobSmith - May 4, 2005 10:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

gwave47

gwave47 - May 31, 2005 6:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Bob where is Potato Hill? Yesterday we hit Mitchell, Craig, Big Tom, Balsam, and Cattail Peak. But after Cattail Peak and before the fork to the Colber Ridge Trail, we started back up hill and came to what seemed to be another summit. There was no sign saying if it was another summit, and our map didn't show another summit, but i noticed directly off to the right of wher we were says Potato Hill. Is Potato Hill on the Deep Gap Trail or off to the far right of it? And do you think that was Potato Hill we climbed back up to and summited between Colbert Ridge and Cattails Peak?

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jun 1, 2005 9:07 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

After you descend Cattail Peak to a gap and begin another ascent to a very rocky area, you are near the summit of Potato Hill. If you recall a cliff area before you started down to Deep Gap (you did to Deep Gap, right?), then you hit Potato Hill. The actual summit is a short scramble off trail, but even if you just hiked the trail, you were extremely close to the summit.



Remember this spot? You were right near the summit here. And if you saw this view, then you were close to the top.

gwave47

gwave47 - Jun 1, 2005 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

yes i'm very sure that's where we went through



thanks for the info

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jan 10, 2006 6:49 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks!

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Potato Hill' main page