Purcell Mountain (WA) Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
ericnoel

ericnoel - Aug 11, 2007 9:38 pm - Voted 10/10

You can't get there from here.

Davis Creek Road...Washed out at Davis Creek.
Little Concrete Bridge...Washed out at Davis Creek.
FS 47...Washed out at East Fork Silver Creek. You can go way around via 52->47 in about 40 miles but...
FS 63...Washed out at 3000' at Unnamed Creek.

The shortest option is probably hiking from Klenke's route via the washout on FS 63 on the north side of Purcell. Now, 47 has to be accessed via 52 from the SE or 84/85 from the NE as it is blown out on the west side of Purcell. I would guess 15 miles with 2500 feet of gain with it being mostly a roadwalk. Much more gain if you come in from the south at present. No wonder houses were floating away on the Cowlitz. I can't see the washout on FS 47 or FS 63 on the north side of Purcell being fixed soon if ever. Best bet is to go Klenke's way, maybe with a bike, or else wait for the southern approach to be fixed as there are houses around there so it is most likely to get help.

:-(

Dean

Dean - Aug 11, 2007 10:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You can't get there from here.

Good grief, that bridge is gone too? That really stinks. So now you can't even get to the trailhead or up to Davis Creek Falls.
Thanks for the info, I'll put it on the front page and post it as an alert. : (

ridgeguy

ridgeguy - Jul 19, 2012 3:47 am - Hasn't voted

2012

Davis Creek Road all good now. See trip report link in register section. July/2012

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Purcell Mountain (WA)' main page