Viewing: 1-6 of 6
JohnMcPike

JohnMcPike - Nov 19, 2013 11:09 am - Voted 10/10

Guadalupe

You took some great pics. Guadalupe is one of our favorite hikes with among the most spectacular views. It's one of the most highly underated parks. Glad the trail was open for you.

Bark Eater

Bark Eater - Nov 19, 2013 12:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Concidence

Joe, I am sure we ran in to the same guy on the trail on my trip. He had climbed the mountain 133 times and had a radio...volunteer trail steward? He saw my highpointers cap and stopped to talk about highpointing.

You packed a lot into a weekend. Congratulations!

Jow

Jow - Nov 19, 2013 1:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Concidence

Yup that's him he must have climbed the mountain 3 or 4 times between our visits. thanks

LesterLong

LesterLong - Nov 21, 2013 5:11 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

Sounds like you had a great time Jow. I enjoy your trip reports.

ffer_06

ffer_06 - Nov 21, 2013 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

Guadddd

Sounds like a great trip overall! When I was there I wanted to check out the caverns but I will have to do those the next time im around. Great pics!

surgent

surgent - Nov 21, 2013 12:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Interesting trip

I liked your last line, "When I told people from work I was going to El Paso for weekend most them just looked puzzled and asked, 'Why?' ". Living in Arizona, I get the same reaction from people here about trips to other parts of the southwest. I think people have it in their heads that the southwest is just long, flat sand deserts with occasional cow skulls and cacti, like in the Roadrunner cartoons.

Glad you saw a snake too!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Quick Trip to Guadalupe Peak + Bonus Adventures' main page