REI Mistral Pants

REI Mistral Pants

These all-purpose mountain pants are built to take the abuse of climbing, hiking and mountain biking while keeping you dry and comfortable. * Updated styling makes the transition from trail to town easy * Rugged yet soft to the touch, Schoeller® Dynamic fabric stretches for a full range of motion, repels rain and breathes well * Jeans-style waist with belt loops, zipper fly and articulated knees provide a great fit * Gusseted crotch allows easy movement, while offset seams provide even more comfort * 11-inch leg zippers for easy on and off over footwear * Hand pockets with reverse-coil zips are welded rather than stitched for more durability and a smooth finish * Includes two rear welt pockets I have used the pants on several climbs, and they are really great. I`ve had them jammed into awkward off-width knee/body scrums, and not even a scratch on the outer shell. These pants fit well under my harness, and the zipper is easily accessible to answer the call. The pocket on the left thigh is large enough for a point and shoot camera and a cliff bar. They are wind/water resistant, and I think they will wear for a long time. My overall rating would be 10/10.
T Sharp
on Sep 28, 2006 4:15 am
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 230030

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Buz Groshong

Buz Groshong - Oct 9, 2006 5:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Great pants, but...

I've got a couple of pairs of these and really like them but I don't think they are any more resistant to abrasion than most other pants. I carry my water bottle in an OR insulated water bottle carrier on the waist belt of my pack - it has a strap with velcro on it that causes the pants to wear where it rubs against them. The Mistral pants seem to wear more readily than others. Fortunately, a bit of duct tape seems to solve the water bottle carrier problem.

T Sharp

T Sharp - Oct 16, 2006 4:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great pants, but...

Can you beat the warranty?

Viewing: 1-2 of 2