Roman Nose Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jul 4, 2023 8:59 pm Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2023

longer than I thought  Sucess!

Got a camping spot and started hiking 3 pm. To the upper lake and then around it on the left. Never saw any route from there on. Angled up and right but ran into cliffs and a waterfall. Headed back left into the rockfield and ascended that until I saw a good line to the right. Got up to another boulder field and could see the line to the heather fields to the right of the summit headwall. Lots of rockhopping and veggie tiers later, I reached the ridge. Easy off trail to the summit but it was a lot longer and about 3 subsummits later back to the left (and several rocky steps to scramble down) before I bushwhacked down to the campsight appearing before my fellow campers out of the woods. Never saw any "trail" after I left the lake, just a couple wayward cairns on the summit ridge. Thankfully, it all worked. Skeeters swarming this time of year.

JRaphaelson

JRaphaelson - Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2015

Bushwhacking  Sucess!

Lots of brush on the way up and down. Not sure if we were on the correct trail but eventually navigated our way to the summit.

MountainGeno

MountainGeno - Aug 2, 2012 12:30 am

From the Lakes  Sucess!

Did this with my two oldest kids, Thalia and Thaddeus. Great Day!

Ridgerunner755

Ridgerunner755 - Jul 9, 2010 1:24 am Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2010

South ridge  Sucess!

Hiked up the south ridge with my dog Packer. People were just heading down the east ridge as we were heading up. Signed the register hid under a rock. Kind of a nasty day, cold and windy and a bit of rain.

montanaboy

montanaboy - Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm Date Climbed: Sep 24, 2005

Standard Trail  Sucess!

The masses stayed near the trailhead to work the huckleberry crop, while I pursued a solo effort to the summit.

If memory serves correctly, a lone coyote scooted across the south slopes with not more than a quick glance at me.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Roman Nose' main page