Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 4, 2012
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer

Great Day in the North Cascades...

Another enjoyable day in the North Cascades with Nick. We are warming up for the Exum route on the Grand Teton next week. Not much to add to previous trips on South Arete, but this was our first summit this year, so worthy of a modest trip report and a few pictures. No snow on route, but snow from Car to base of climb at the Col. Goats were thier usual antics, but this time, one climbed all the way to the summit,including the slab walk on the Whale pitch! Missed getting that photo, would have made a good utube. I really didn't think the goat could summit, but the goat did. A guided group of three came behind us and two other groups on Liberty Bell and North Early Winter Spire...all of us on all three summits at the same time. The two on Liberty Bell were descending from the notch as we went by, just happened to look up at one of them slipped on snow, bounced off rocks, tumbled a couple of time but managed to stop between snow and rock before really taking off. We yelled up and they called back ok, but I think someone is sore for a few days. Guy really lucked out... Any way, good day, great rock and weather.

Comments

No comments posted yet.