Silver Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Rhughson47

Rhughson47 - Mar 5, 2014 10:40 am Date Climbed: Jul 1, 2012

Not bad for Ontario  Sucess!

Bloody hot, but good views.

ianamclennan

ianamclennan - Feb 18, 2012 2:43 pm Date Climbed: Jul 10, 2010

Climbed three times  Sucess!

Every time I go to Killarney I try to do Silver Peak. It's a great way to spend a day. Last climbed it in the summer of 1010 from our site on david lake.

rockcairn

rockcairn - May 30, 2008 11:12 pm Date Climbed: May 11, 2008

A short break from the paddle

It was great to spend a day away from the canoe paddle and hike to the top of Silver Peak. We choose a campsite that allowed us to hike right from the back of our campsite and onto the trail.

tlogan

tlogan - May 11, 2005 4:57 pm

Route Climbed: bell lake Date Climbed: May 8 2005  Sucess!

Nice day trip, made the run up from the trailhead in about 35 minutes. Views beautiful as always.

Rachel

Rachel - Jul 6, 2004 11:41 am

Route Climbed: Bell Lake Access Date Climbed: July 2 2004  Sucess!

A great day hike, and suprising that I had never done this before. The views from the top are the best in the park. It was a flat hike and the trail is wide for the first portion. Once you get off the La Cloche Trail, it is all uphill. A good scramble up... I just wish there were some openings in the forest to have a glimpse of the top. But once on the summit, the views are amazing. There were quite a bit of people on the summit, but thats expected on a long weekend. Tim and I just went to the south, to find a quiet spot.

tlogan

tlogan - Jul 3, 2004 2:00 pm

Route Climbed: Bell Lake Access Date Climbed: July 2 2004  Sucess!

A beautiful day for a scramble in the La Cloche... I hadn't done this route before so it was something new for me. From the lake to where the trail branches and the actual 1 hour ascent begins its like a broad boulevard over gently rolling terrain. The Silver Peak trail itself is only moderately steep in a few places, but is a sustained climb. You only emerge from the forest at the very end just below the summit and the view to the NW and the Sw are breathtaking to put it mildly... easily on par with anything I have seen in the Adirondacks or Quebec.

A great day and a great scramble... and the views were far greater than I remembered from 92.

tlogan

tlogan - Mar 4, 2003 12:39 am

Route Climbed: Norway Lake scramble Date Climbed: My 08 1992  Sucess!

The trail was kilometers away and far too much hassle for my friend Adam and me so we made our own trail up to the summit. It was a beautiful spring day about 27degrees celsius and clear from horizon to horizon.

The park was blessedly quiet, only the call of the loon and the occasional fitful breeze shattered the silence. We spent a lot of time on the summit due west of Silver until the large party of highschool students cleared out. We amused ourselves by soaking up the sun and descending down to the valley to do some free rock climbing.

At the summit we lingered for several hours until the afternoon began to wane and dejectedly we returned to our campsite on the Ne edge of Norway Lake.

A beautiful serene peak with great views in all directions of the lakes, trees and rock that has made Kilarney such a popular place for hikers.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Silver Peak' main page