Viewing: 1-4 of 4
hgrapid

hgrapid - Dec 7, 2009 11:39 am - Voted 7/10

A few miles?

It seems to me like when you get of High Valley Road it is less than 2 miles to the top, no? Maybe you want to explain the route a little more, since there are many roads up to the top. Is it a trail or a road?

Sigouin - Dec 7, 2009 1:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A few miles?

Hey there,
It is a little bit over 2 miles actually. I did not get an exact measurement of the trail unfortunately, but thanks for pointing that out. It is a paved road for a little bit at first, then becomes a dirt/hiking trail for the remaining of the trail.

NavySeabee

NavySeabee - Jan 14, 2010 1:45 pm - Voted 9/10

Red Tape?

You should include this section as there is private property-a-plenty in the area. When I looked at the approach you describe the road was gated and locked. I ended up using a turnout off Highland Mesa Dr and sneaking past the bar gate across the road and houses. Appreciate you sponsoring this peak.

Sigouin - Jan 14, 2010 7:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Red Tape?

Yes you are right. I meant to include it in the general information of the page but it seems I forgot to do so. Thanks for reminding me! It has been a while since I've been there and I did not have to go through any gates at the time. Let me know if you ever find a better, safer way to reach the trail. Thanks!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Starvation Mountain' main page