Stones Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Brian Kalet

Brian Kalet - Aug 28, 2010 9:43 pm Date Climbed: Aug 28, 2010

Southeast Ridge  Sucess!

To and from "Stapps Peak"

Mountain Jim

Mountain Jim - Mar 26, 2006 6:24 pm Date Climbed: Oct 10, 1988

Southeast Ridge of "Stapps Point"  Sucess!

Total ascents = 2. First time from the Fern Lake trailhead. We hiked to Spruce Lake and climbed Castle Rock, then went across Spruce Canyon and climbed up Hidden Canyon part way to where we could gain the SE ridge of "Stapps", then to the summit of "Stapps Point" and across the connecting saddle to Stones Peak. We descended the southwest slopes to Hourglass Lake then descended Spruce Canyon to where we could get back to Spruce Lake ... then followed the trail back to the Fern Lake Trailhead. Long Day ... over 20 miles, and around 6500 feet of elevation gain.

NanitaD

NanitaD - Feb 22, 2006 1:53 am Date Climbed: Jul 18, 1998

Route Climbed: From Sprague Pass  Sucess!

We camped at the Tonahutu Horse Camp back country site. About 6 that morning we hiked to the divide and headed towards Sprague Mountain and angled off just before Sprague Pass towards Stones. We were going to try to find a way down to Rainbow lake, but didn't find one so continued on to Stones Peak. I continued on over to the sub summit, some climbers called Stapps. Stones seems so close to Trailridge road and yet is so remote to climb.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Stones Peak' main page