Viewing: 1-2 of 2
scramblingbadger

scramblingbadger - Mar 24, 2017 12:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Good page!

Thanks for sharing this! Good photos too!

Did you have warnings about mosquito-born illnesses in that area of South Korea? When I visited South Korea several years ago, my friends in Seoul essentially told me the same thing my family told me in Busan, that venturing anywhere outside the major metro areas put one at risk for mosquito-born illnesses in the spring and summer months.

Fleshj27

Fleshj27 - Mar 24, 2017 2:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Mosquitos

I didn't have any specific warnings. Yes, there is Malaria in the ROK and yes mosquitos are legion in some areas. When I lived there they got really bad in low areas, near rice paddies; we killed a couple of hundred a night spraying before bed in Kwangju and Taegu. On my most recent trip (Sep thru Oct) I didn't really see any; I spent most of my time in the mountains and didn't have to even put on repellant. The CDC rates the risk as "LOW" and says its limited to the months of March–December in rural areas in the northern parts of Incheon, Kangwon-do, and Kyônggi-do Provinces, including the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Tapsa Temple Maisan' main page