Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 12, 2004 5:03 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very good page! I'm awed by the tables - Do you use an html-program or do you know the tags by heart? Great pictures, too!

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jul 12, 2004 11:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Ditto my comments on Static Peak. Nice job and an awesome-looking mountain. Cheers.

rpc

rpc - Jul 12, 2004 12:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another WOW!

Nice job on those pages.

Andy

Andy - Jul 12, 2004 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your votes. Congrats on surpassing 1000 pts! I always enjoy sifting through your submissions.

rpc

rpc - Jul 12, 2004 8:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thank you :)

I've also enjoyed your submissions as well. Some beautiful photography!

regards,

radek

Nelson

Nelson - Jul 12, 2004 5:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

And again, great work.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 12, 2004 7:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The ruggedness of the Never Summers is well displayed in these excellent photos. Great text and HTML skills add up to a stunning page. Mt. Mahler needs to be done by you as well.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jul 12, 2004 7:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful mountain and beautiful page. I've been hoping someone would add the peaks around Richtofen for a while now. They are beautiful mountains. Great job and good climbing to you!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Jul 12, 2004 8:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very cool.

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Aug 12, 2004 12:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page!

brenta

brenta - Aug 31, 2004 5:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very well organized. The nice pictures make me want to visit the Never Summer Range.

PaulMetz - Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Another route

Some friends and I climbed Tepee four days ago from the west via the Silver Creek drainage. Our route put us on the very easy south ridge of Tepee, which REALLY is Class 2, unlike what Roach says about the north ridge! Taking the line of least resistance up the south ridge leads you very close to the western summit, so we scrambled up there first. As I'd been told by a friend who'd been up there years before, the eastern summit definitely looks higher from the western one. We dropped off the west summit and scrambled down to the saddle (that has the interesting "yellow tower" in its center) between the two summits. As we passed the tower and approached the wall of the east summit, we headed slightly left to the base of an obvious gully that angles up this wall to the right (south). The hardest moves are at the very beginning, and then it gets a little easier, but overall I thought it was still tough 4th class. At the top of the gully, you take a left and climb much easier-angled (but still loose--welcome to the Never Summers!) stuff on up to the summit. Unlike the western summit, there's a large cairn up there, and I've heard there USED to be a register there as well, though we couldn't find one four days ago. As we looked back to the west summit from the east, it sure looked lower. Thus, we're all pretty convinced that Roach is incorrect when he says that the western summit of Tepee is higher. Obviously, the safe thing to do is climb both!

elijahdgendron - Sep 3, 2023 11:21 am - Hasn't voted

East Summit

I believe the East Summit is actually higher than the West One, and can be reached from the West summit by means of a simple class 3 downclimb, crossing the saddle, then climbing up a class 3+ gulley with solid rock that looks much less steep once you're actually in it. There was a summit register and rap anchor on this summit (although I do not think the rap anchor is helpful as the only scary part was the loose rock above it)

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Tepee Mountain' main page