Viewing: 1-4 of 4
jasano2

jasano2 - Oct 16, 2010 2:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

Thanks for freezing your ass off. I really enjoyed your collection.

rgg

rgg - Oct 17, 2010 3:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks!

You're welcome. About me freezing, well, I have to admit that, this being Scotland, I came prepared and brought my down jacket ...
The Cairngorms offers a great place for hiking. If I go back to Scotland, the Cairngorms will certainly be high on my list again.

Boydie

Boydie - Oct 30, 2011 9:22 am - Voted 10/10

Long winter

It was a certainly a long winter that year! I hadn't noticed this album until now for some reason. Great selection of photo's. I really like the Loch Etchachan one and the snow bridge is cool.
Cheers,
Stephen

rgg

rgg - Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Long winter

It sure was! Nonetheless, during my first two weeks on Scotland I only got high enough twice to reach the snow line. I started with the WHW and that was easy. Of course, there was snow on Ben Nevis, and a bit later on Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan as well. But the Cairngorms were a whole different matter!

As for the snow bridge, that was on the second day, on the way up from Loch Einach to the high plateau with Braeriach. Left of this bridge, the trail had just reached the snow line. I saw the stream coming out from under it and didn't like the looks of it, so I went down to inspect a bit closer. Falling through the would have been a wet affair, to say the least.

Cheers, Rob

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'The Cairngorms' main page