Viewing: 1-7 of 7
mvs

mvs - Jul 25, 2010 3:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Beautiful

I read about these mountains when I first got interested in climbing, and they've remained a fantasy region ever since. Thanks for the tantalizing photos!

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks...

what an adventure... and yes, I am one of those who did not hear the Rwenzori name before.

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Jul 27, 2010 11:13 am - Voted 10/10

Great story

about these fantastic mountains! I remember reading about them in my teens, and thinking "What a strange place to climb snow-clad mountains." Congrats with Margherita!

HeyItsBen

HeyItsBen - Jul 27, 2010 6:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Great post

I also read about these mountains when I first got interested in climbing. Hope to combine a climbing trip there with a visit of the mountain gorillas...thanks for the post.

ktnbs

ktnbs - Jul 31, 2010 11:50 pm - Hasn't voted

tally ho

great photos and description of an exotic locale. For sure, "Mountains of the Moon" is a great film ...Burton and Speake, circa 1857-58.

RobSC

RobSC - Dec 25, 2010 7:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks for Posting!

Great trip report, and congrats on the climb. It's nice to have a first hand account of the ascent attached to the page. You certainally seem to have had a wet and wonderful time in the range. I too felt like I'd been there enough as I descended back into the sun after my trip, but now, more and more, I am hoping for the day that I get to return to that mysterious place.

Muhindo Geoffrey

Muhindo Geoffrey - May 7, 2022 8:02 am - Hasn't voted

Mount Stanley

The rocky mountain labeled stanley just above Elena camp as you hike to the first glacier is Mount Luigi di savoia in the Rwenzori mountain ranges

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'The Rwenzori Mountains' main page