Titlis Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Dec 26, 2005 4:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

a very difficult sports climbing route has been opened at the east face of Titlis by Stefan Glowacz and Markus Dorfleitner on July 4th 2004 after two years of preparation. They called the route "Letzte Ausfahrt Titlis" (= "last exit Titlis")

according to this source:

500m, 13 pitches: 6c+, 5c, 6c+, 8b, 7b, 6c+, 6c, 7a, 7a, 7b, 7a, 6c, 6c.

Nikman

Nikman - Sep 16, 2013 4:59 am - Hasn't voted

Incorrect parent

Titlis is not part of the Uri Alps Group.
Titlis is a part of the Urner Alps. That is a different mountain range even it sounds a little bit similar.

McCannster

McCannster - Sep 16, 2013 10:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Incorrect parent

Hi Nik,

Thanks for the comment, you are correct, Titlis is not in the proper "Uri Alps" group, but there is no other page on SP for the Urner Alps, so, for now the most appropriate place for the page is under the Uri Alps. There are some other peaks listed on the Uri Alps page that are also not in the proper range. Maybe somebody can make an Urner Alps page and put the correct mountains in the right list.

Nikman

Nikman - Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Incorrect parent

You can put it directly under the Bernese Alps.

According to SOIUSA the Urner Alps are an untersection 12.I and therefore part of the Bernese Alps.

McCannster

McCannster - Sep 17, 2013 12:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Incorrect parent

Done.

Mauntainfreak - Jan 15, 2016 4:11 am - Hasn't voted

Photo of Titlis

Click the photo to enlarge:


Click to enlarge

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Titlis' main page