Viewing: 1-7 of 7
MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 6, 2012 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

I love the tushars

...when you get there before the Marysville road opens, it's God's own country.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - May 6, 2012 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I love the tushars

That is the only time we ever go there. I have a family member that went on a few summer trips and now he can not wait to go with us next year....as he said, "winter is the best and most beautiful time to visit the Tushars". I could not agree more!

Happy Trails out there
-TyeDyeTwins-

lcarreau

lcarreau - May 6, 2012 9:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I love the tushars

My wife and I visited Puffer Lake in summer, and we had to make
a fast retreat to the car because of deer flies with green eyes.

We went to Bryce Canyon, where the bugs were almost nonexistent.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - May 6, 2012 11:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I love the tushars

No bugs for us! Although there were plenty of midges all over the place in the afternoon. We were hoping for some ice out action but it never happened...over the years we have now come to realize that if we want ice off at Puffer....there aint gonna be any backcountry skiing....NO DEAL!

Happy Trails brother of the south.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 8, 2012 5:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I love the tushars

I've never had a problem with bugs above timberline, whenever there is still abundant snow. Of course, I tend to go when the wind is at least 15mph...

bigairbear

bigairbear - May 7, 2012 1:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Great pics as always--thanks!

Hoping I can join you guys out there next year...

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - May 7, 2012 7:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great pics as always--thanks!

You are welcome to join us anytime man.....next year the snowpack should be better (this was the 3rd worst on record). It is a beautiful range to ski...hopefully it all works out next year...till then keep the adventures from Cali coming!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Tucked Away In The Tushar Range' main page