Twin Peaks in the Cascades (N Fork Snoqualmie) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
kevinsa

kevinsa - Jun 1, 2016 6:33 pm Date Climbed: Jun 1, 2016

Twin  Sucess!

Rode the E-bike up to Loch Katrine. Didn't see any kind of a path leading around the lake, so I decided to do the ridge route. I'm guessing the 'Loch Route' is probably best for early season, and the 'Ridge Route' is best for later in the year. The road was in pretty good shape - in fact, there was a Honda motorcycle parked at the end at 4100'. I was a little surprised at the amount of up/down and left/right on the ridge from 4100' to 4900' - took a little longer than expected. I would recommend leaving some GPS 'bread crumbs' on this section, as it would really stink to get off route, and the climber's path is hard to follow in spots. A little work with a pruning saw and some survey tape would really help out this route a lot. Went up to the north summit, then down to the saddle between the summits. From here, I traversed left, and finished the climb to the south summit from the east (looked a little easier). 6 hours car-to-car.

larryN

larryN - May 14, 2006 5:32 am Date Climbed: Feb 18, 2006

Cold, sunny day  Sucess!

It was 12 deg F when we left the car at 7:30am. The snow was firm, but we didn't need crampons. Winds out of the NE made for good conditions with low avalanche danger. We got back to the car around 6:30.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Twin Peaks in the Cascades (N Fork Snoqualmie)' main page