Viewing: 1-7 of 7
jaxcharlie

jaxcharlie - Sep 30, 2011 8:39 am - Voted 10/10

What

An incredibly beautiful place, I'm going to have to go there for myself!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Sep 30, 2011 7:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What

Yeah, it was pretty incredible. It was a great place to spend a few days. Lots of peak options and plenty of great scenery.

Happy Trails,
Mark

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Sep 30, 2011 9:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Great report, Mark.

Photos are amazing!! Sometimes the best choices are the toughest ones and sometimes it's the difference between living to tell the tale and,.....not. Gotta love that Ampitheater Campground and Ouray.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Really enjoyed hearing and seeing them.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 1, 2011 2:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great report, Mark.

Thanks Bill! The scenery was pretty amazing so getting good photos was pretty easy. We really loved Ouray. One of the better foothill towns I have been to. It just didn't seem as touristy as I was expecting and the Amphitheater Campground was very handy and allowed for easy transitions to and from the different areas. The decision to turn around on Vermilion, both times, was real easy. I was more reluctant on V4, but in the end was content.

Thanks again for your input on my plans for this year. I am sure the debate on where to head to next year will start sooner than later, and you'll probably hear from me at that time! I can easily see heading back to the San Juans, but the tug to head to the Winds is still there. Too many mountains-not enough vacation days!


MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 7, 2011 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good TR

Yeah, there are just too many new places and not enough time.

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it.

cedarbend

cedarbend - Jul 30, 2014 10:13 pm - Voted 9/10

One of the best...

...trip descriptions I've read on this site. We were thinking of trying Ice Lakes Basin and this great report has been all we needed to make the decision! Wonderful photos as well.
We've been to Blue Lakes and were thrilled...off to read your account of that as well.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Aug 4, 2014 6:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: One of the best...

Thanks, and glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, the basin was fantastic, and depending on your goals, you could spend a lot of time there. Hope you have a great trip. Happy Trails, Mark

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Up Down and All Around Ice Lake Basin' main page