Vasquez Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Feb 11, 2004 12:38 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I like the flower section! A beautiful, secluded and untrampled area. Thanks for putting this nice mountain on the SP map.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Feb 13, 2004 9:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Aaron,

Thank you for the high marks. I am pleased that you like the floral section. I like flowers too. Three years ago I was showing my oldest brother (who works for the Forest Service, Paonia Ranger District) my meticulously labeled photos of the mountains I had been up that summer. He came to a photo of Fireweed with a caption that said "flower" and just shook his head. Two days later he gave me a copy of the Guennel Guide to Colorado's Wildflowers. I haven't disappointed him since.

Jon

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Feb 11, 2004 1:16 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

nicely constructed page with all the necessary information.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Feb 11, 2004 6:42 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very original with the wildflower section. Good photos!

Dean

Dean - Feb 11, 2004 7:21 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

As usual for you, another extremely nice page with lots of great photos. Love the flower section, it adds a classy touch.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Feb 13, 2004 9:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Dean,

Thank you sir for the high vote. I must admit some of your recent praise prompted me to add the floral section... Thanks again.

Jon

Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus - Feb 11, 2004 9:04 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page!ll

Nelson

Nelson - Feb 11, 2004 9:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful work Jon. I was going to comment on the flower section, but everyone else beat me to it! Great photos.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Feb 13, 2004 9:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Nelson,

It is good to recieve praise from a living legend. I like photographing flowers... but I was a little aprehensive about posting them as I wasn't sure they would be appreciated. I have a friend who laughs at how I speed up the trail and then disaapear out of sight... only to be seen laying on my belly with my camera a few inches from the flowers when he catches up to me.

Jon

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 11, 2004 9:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very good work, John. I like the flowers, too. I have been experimenting with wildlife and nature sections on my pages as well since I think we should take time to look at the beauties along the way! Four stars!

Gangolf

Katwomen

Katwomen - Feb 11, 2004 2:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Super job on this page!

vertx

vertx - Feb 11, 2004 3:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great Page.

Diggler

Diggler - Feb 11, 2004 4:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Well done page on what seems to be a very nice area. Thanks!

Kane

Kane - Feb 11, 2004 8:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job Mr Bradford. Nice sig photo (the big one.) You might want to link that photo back to itself so we can vote on it.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Feb 13, 2004 9:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane,

Thank you for the vote (this is the most voted on page I have ever submitted, 20 votes! I wonder why... Vasquez probably isnt' that well known) I followed your suggestion on linking the "big image" back to its own page. I had never thought to do this, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Unless someone else beats me to it I may add Mount Nystrom come May.

Jon

Grant

Grant - Feb 11, 2004 9:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Jon, a wonderful page and a wonderful peak that I tried to climb this fall and ended up on another summit to the west. My 56k took about thrity seconds to upload the large image, you may want to size it down a little for us 56k guys.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Feb 13, 2004 9:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Grant,

Thank you for the high vote. I apologize for the pokiness of my big image. I must admit I am tempted to keep it at its current size however... Perhaps I will just put a suggestion at the top of the page, "56K users, now would be a good time to grab yourself a fresh beer as this image loads!" If the big image load times realy are a distraction I will reconsider though. I grew up with National Geographic so I am a sure sucker for big pretty pictures.

Cheers

Jon

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Feb 11, 2004 11:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This peak is deffinatly on my wish list!!!

Can't wait to move to Denver to hike these wonderful mountains.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Feb 13, 2004 9:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Steve,

Thank you for the vote. So you are thinking of moving north? You definately will appreciate the access Denver gives to the high country (although you will be dismayed by the year round I-70 traffic).

Cheers

Jon

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Feb 15, 2004 2:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'm not thinking of moving to Denver, it's happening. I will either be moving the begining of May or the end of May.

Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
Return to 'Vasquez Peak' main page