Warbonnet and Warrior 1

Warbonnet and Warrior 1

Warbonnet and Warrior 1 from the marsh high up in Cirque of the Towers. August 16, 2004.
CharlesD
on Aug 26, 2004 6:18 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 66976

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Aug 26, 2004 10:39 pm - Voted 10/10

New signature photo...

.....of the Cirque of the Towers page.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Aug 26, 2004 11:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: New signature photo...

Hey, wow, I'm flattered, but I can probably come up with something better and more appropriate. Plus this is the same shot (different lighting) as the signature for Warbonnet. Lemme see what I can do.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Aug 27, 2004 1:10 am - Voted 10/10

Re: New signature photo...

Agreed, Alan. Awesome light and composition.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Aug 27, 2004 9:45 am - Voted 10/10

Re: New signature photo...

I know this is similar to the Warbonnet sig photo, but since it is difficult to get the entire Cirque in one photo, I'm rotating the different peaks as a sig. After RPCs climb, I wanted to put Warbonnet up as the sig to highlight his ascent. Thanks for all the Cirque photos!



CharlesD

CharlesD - Aug 28, 2004 2:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: New signature photo...

Good plan! I really wish I'd summitted something in the area because there is a lot of space yet for new Cirque and Winds peaks on SP. Lizard Head, in particular, really needs a SP page, 'cause I've got some _incredible_ photos all ready for it!

rpc

rpc - Sep 24, 2004 4:47 pm - Voted 10/10

I like this photo since...

...besides being a nice shot it also shows the true summit of Warbonnet. In most of my shots (all?), it's the "horn" on the right side of the summit ridge that looks to be the highest point. That in fact is not true - Warbonnet's highpoint is where it looks to be in this shot.

Trevor Simmons

Trevor Simmons - Feb 16, 2005 11:20 pm - Hasn't voted

What an...

awesome photo! Nice work.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Feb 17, 2005 12:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What an...

Thanks. It's an amazing place and the lighting was good. Unfortunately, this is the last sun we saw that week and it soon became rainy with snow. Uggg.

Ice Man Jerry Van

Ice Man Jerry Van - Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Love the Cirque

Have been going back there since 1974. Also enjoy climbing just south of ther over in the Temple Peak Area also .Have climbed most of the peaks from the Cirque to Temple Peak. Winter and summer The place is just wonderful. Word of advice, take bear precaution when going back in there now. They have made a come back. Black Bears in the south Winds and grizzly in the north Wind River. Have seen both up there now.

mlafontaine - Oct 1, 2010 3:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice picture...

...wish I was there!

Viewing: 1-10 of 10