WCP-5 from WCP-7 scramble

WCP-5 from WCP-7 scramble

Taken from the north ridge of WCP-7
SawtoothSean
on Jul 21, 2007 2:32 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Scenery
Image ID: 314514

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
BeDrinkable

BeDrinkable - Oct 30, 2007 4:23 pm - Voted 10/10

I really like this view.

Have you been to the top? I walked over WCP3 from HooDoo lake and down the ridge to the base of the summit block (the right hand ridge in the picture), where it became much too steep and loose for me to get any further, at least by myself. I like the perspective of this picture ...

Super Dave

Super Dave - Nov 14, 2007 3:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I really like this view.

Can't speak for Sean, but I gave WCP-5 a shot this summer. Gained the southeast ridge from Iron basin, then climbed up into the notch between the twin summits. Only made it up the slightly shorter east summit (left side of this photo). Wasn't sure if I'd be able to downclimb from the steep west summit, so I reluctantly backed off. Bummed to get that far without reaching the true highpoint.

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Nov 15, 2007 7:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I really like this view.

I tried WCP-5 as an afterthought on a day I did WCP-6 in mid November a few years back and got stopped about 50 feet under the summit by snow on top of steep, loose rock. If I had an ax, it would have been do-able. Originally I tried the left hand rib of the summit (from the angle of this picture) and it was too steep. I then went straight up the middle in a slot to where I got stopped, but I believe that might be the best way.

BeDrinkable

BeDrinkable - Nov 16, 2007 1:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I really like this view.

I wonder ... snow might be the way to attempt this. At least where I was the rock was pretty loose. Ah well, some day ...

Viewing: 1-4 of 4